New pipe, Rekluse or stabilizer?

8 replies to this topic
  • Old_Yeller

Posted October 25, 2006 - 05:39 AM

I ride tight, twisty single track with lots of rocks and roots, would I be better off putting the money into a Rekluse clutch, replace my stock exhaust or buy a steering stabilizer?

What would you do?

• clark4131

Posted October 25, 2006 - 05:56 AM

I'd do it in this order: Stabilizer (Scotts), Rekluse, Pipe. When I did it originally, I did it backwards from that. Live and learn..SC

• ulmanb

Posted October 25, 2006 - 06:01 AM

I have not owned a stabilizer, but on my crf450 I had, I had a rekluse and a pipe.

My personal opinion on that bike is the pipe (Big Gun) didnt add a lot other than sound.

In the tight stuff the rekluse was awesome especially on the bigger 4-strokes which are a handful in the tight stuff and easy to stall. I am currently saving to put one on my ktm300. If you dont like it, they are pretty easy to resell with only small losses (same with stabilizers).

I have heard great things about the stabilizers, but I have never ridden a bike with one on it.

• Old_Yeller

Posted October 25, 2006 - 03:16 PM

I'd do it in this order: Stabilizer (Scotts), Rekluse, Pipe. When I did it originally, I did it backwards from that. Live and learn..SC

A stabilizer helps that much?!! Wow, I would have never guessed. That's why I come here, learn from the experienced. I'm serously debating getting a pipe at all now.

What's the big deal with a stabilizer? What did you notice the most when you first put it on. I know it must sound like a stupid question but I've never used one and none of my buddies have them either.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:13 PM

I agree with Clark. Scotts, Rekluse, FMF Ti Powercore

The Scotts stabilizer saves my butt more than a few times a year by avoiding bad crashes. It is a life saver!:mad:

• Beejay

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:29 PM

This is the way to go, that Scotts stabiliser is next on my shopping list. You'll ride longer & harder with it.

• johunter666

Posted October 25, 2006 - 05:10 PM

If you ride on/around rocks--step up to the stablizer. This thing has saved me from several get-offs due to rocks jumping in front of me:p

• Seabass

Posted October 25, 2006 - 06:23 PM

The first thing I'd do is dial the suspension in. Then put on a Scotts stabilizer. It really does make a big difference.

• gregwr450f

Posted October 25, 2006 - 08:56 PM

pipes suck, rekluse and damper.............job done.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.