worth the buy ???

6 replies to this topic
  • bubba68

Posted October 24, 2006 - 06:40 PM

i have a freind that has a yz 426 with a bad motor it droped a valve and messed up the piston and the jug i think the crank is good not sure anyway he wants 350$ for it . is this worth the buy and the time and money to fix it ?:mad: :mad:

• sv_1

Posted October 24, 2006 - 06:44 PM

Where is he located? If you don't want it i'll take it!

It'll cost you some money- but you could end up with a bike for less than a running one would cost you...

• 02YZ426

Posted October 24, 2006 - 06:46 PM

$350?? and for that price you have to ask? lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bubba68

Posted October 24, 2006 - 06:52 PM

the only reason i ask isb/c i have heard that the 426 has some problems. also i just got a cr250 for 250$ that i have to rebiuld the motor in so i was kind of hesitating to start another project but i am going to get it anyway unless you guy tell me that the bike is not worth it.

• 02YZ426

Posted October 24, 2006 - 07:22 PM

Well.. as long as the bike is decent otherwise, I would say its a steal.

• GreenKLX

Posted October 24, 2006 - 07:55 PM

Just buy it before someone elso does! Then decide if you want to deal with another project or not, because you could stand to make a decent profit if you part it out.

• yz_for_me

Posted October 24, 2006 - 08:22 PM

the only reason i ask isb/c i have heard that the 426 has some problems.

The 426 is a great bike. The only problems it has are it is a bit heavy and not as nimble as newer bikes. Mechanically though, it has almost no problems and is about as reliable as a machine can be.

I would jump all over it. Even if you didn't want to fix it, like GreenKLX said, you could part it out and make some decent money on it. Heck, you could probably turn right around a sell it as is and make some coin.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.