Subframe and exhaust

11 replies to this topic
  • dirtking

Posted October 24, 2006 - 05:45 PM

I was wondering if there was anyone who made an aftermarket subframe for a 2006 YZ450F? Also what would be the best exhaust for this bike? Are the bars off of the 2007 much better than the 06? The bars, exhaust, and subframe on my bike all got bent in a crash. Any help would be appreciated!

• dirtking

Posted October 24, 2006 - 06:48 PM

Help please!!

• cowboyona426

Posted October 24, 2006 - 08:35 PM

For bars, get another set of Pro Tapers or similar oversized bars of your choice (myself I have Windham bend PT Contours). Exhaust- do you just need a slip on? WB E2, Thunder Alley, Dr. D are good choices, though I'm not sure Dr. D offers a slip-on only for the 06. For a full system, I'd say Dr. D and Big Gun are the best choices. Subframe- check the TT store and if they don't have anything, try Motosport Outlet (they sell AC Racing subframes) or Ebay.

• yz_for_me

Posted October 24, 2006 - 09:15 PM

The '07 bars are a bit taller than the '06. A lot of people like the taller bars but that doesn't mean they are "better". It's all personal preference. If you liked the bend of your old bars go with the same ones. If they felt too low for you, then the '07 bend may be a good choice.

• yami racer

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:57 AM

Go Here for OEM Subframe...http://shop.yamaha-m...parts/home.aspx
Cheapest I found.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 25, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Are you sure the subframe can not be rebent? You would be amazed how flexible they are with the right tool to rebend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yami racer

Posted October 25, 2006 - 08:55 AM

Your right bend it first...The right tool is a 8 foot 2 x 4. Take off fender, airbox, ect and start working it. I also found a small jack to be handy to rise it back into place. You may never get it to perfect and it is always nice to have an extra for race day (just in case). It sounds like this one may be bad as he is looking for an exhaust now also. Ga426 thanks again for the sprocket!!! What do you run for exhaust?

• Ga426owner

Posted October 25, 2006 - 10:52 AM

Your right bend it first...The right tool is a 8 foot 2 x 4. Take off fender, airbox, ect and start working it. I also found a small jack to be handy to rise it back into place. You may never get it to perfect and it is always nice to have an extra for race day (just in case). It sounds like this one may be bad as he is looking for an exhaust now also. Ga426 thanks again for the sprocket!!! What do you run for exhaust?

well you know me...I have a 06 exhaust for sale too :mad:
I swapped to a WB Alum Pro 2 and it works just awesome...power everywhere.

• dirtking

Posted October 25, 2006 - 03:58 PM

Thanks guys...A friend in a motorcycle class was able to rebend the subframe to near perfect. The exhaust was pinched completely shut right in front of the muffler. What bend are the 2007 bars? Also again on the exhaust what would be my best system for better power all the way through the powerband? Once again guys thanks for the help!

• dirtking

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:28 PM

Ga426owner....is the exhaust you have for sale the stock exhaust or is it an aftermarket system?

• kyle450rider

Posted October 25, 2006 - 08:22 PM

try generationmx.com for good deals on oem parts.cheapest i have found on the web so far.

• dubious

Posted October 25, 2006 - 08:49 PM

On the big 4 strokes, since the can is soo long, its a good idea to make the rear bolt a shear pin.

I grind down the radius of the bolt, so it has a reduced diameter, and will shear right off rather than twisting everything else with it!
Make sure it breaks away with enough of a stub sticking out of the frame so you can twist the stub out with vice grips, rather than having to use an easy out.
:mad:

This way damage will be minimized to the exhaust when the silencer "digs" in, rather than busting up air boxes and twisting sub frames with it.
:mad:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.