Muffler swap: '00 XRR to a '94 XRL- possible???

6 replies to this topic
  • turbowhine

Posted October 24, 2006 - 12:52 PM

I'm trying to go back to a stock muffler on my '94 XR650L, a dude offered his stock muffler from an '00 XR650R, do you think they are similar or would fit? He lives a ways a way and I can't compare the two in person.:mad:

• rebelventurer

Posted October 24, 2006 - 03:25 PM

Shame on you, your supposed to go aftermarket!
But yes the R muffler should fit, though if still corked (baffled) get ready to say "why did I do that"
If noise is the reason, I plan on removing my FMF powercore4 (its loud) and trying the ProCircuit 496 muffler it is probably (correct me if I am wrong) the quietest aftermarket muffler.

• turbowhine

Posted October 24, 2006 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking you're right. A quiet muffler would be nice- I was thinking I could get a stock one for cheap. One of the main reasons I want to switch is the guy who had the bike before me put on a Cobra ATV can that doesn't fit properly and is burning/melting the rear fender.

Any other suggestions on quiet pipes?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pigryder

Posted October 24, 2006 - 04:16 PM

Shame on you, your supposed to go aftermarket!
But yes the R muffler should fit, though if still corked (baffled) get ready to say "why did I do that"
If noise is the reason, I plan on removing my FMF powercore4 (its loud) and trying the ProCircuit 496 muffler it is probably (correct me if I am wrong) the quietest aftermarket muffler.

Absolutely NOT the stock muffler from an R will NOT fit an L, I repeat will NOT fit an L, and by the wa what are you willing to pay for a cherry stock L muffler:confused:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 25, 2006 - 07:38 AM

It won't just bolt on, but between a torch and a mig welder, anything will fit!

Dave

• rebelventurer

Posted October 25, 2006 - 05:17 PM

Okay i got called on my last post, I though it might be close enough!
My apologies, I am looking at three different pipes now, I have a FMF powercore4 too loud. options are FMF Q2, ProCircuit type 496, and the xrs only piece with the additional baffle. I am leaning towards the type496 at this time.

• AlbinoPig

Posted October 27, 2006 - 06:02 PM

THANK YOU!!!!

I have wanted a quieter muffler and this is it. It will fit,,,,if you have a hacksaw and a welder. It feels like it makes better power than the LOUD Supertrapp it replaced.

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=29037

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.