new bars

9 replies to this topic
  • DanHarrington235

Posted October 23, 2006 - 09:06 PM

im going to put some new bars on my yz450f, what do you recommend?

• mxpro125

Posted October 23, 2006 - 09:19 PM

do you have the pro tapers? if not go with a set

• cowboyona426

Posted October 23, 2006 - 10:20 PM

Since this is your first post, let me say welcome to TT :mad: It's kind of hard to make suggestions when we don't know much about you (height, year of bike, etc) but I will say that Pro Tapers or a similar fat bar are really the way to go. If you have an 06-07 they will bolt right into stock clamps, on 05 and prior bikes you need a new top clamp or adapters to use oversize bars like Pro Tapers. Also, the bend of the bar will depend on your height and riding style- I have long arms, so I went with Windham bends on my 06. If you have shorter arms or just plain don't like tall bars, then you can go to Pro Taper's website and view a chart of the different bar bends they offer. Hopefully that helps, and enjoy the forums, there is a wealth of information here.

• BDOG510

Posted October 24, 2006 - 03:24 AM

Flexx bars by Faast Co. The difference is amazing.

• 642MX

Posted October 24, 2006 - 04:00 AM

Another vote for Pro Tapers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted October 24, 2006 - 04:10 AM

Pro Tapers or a similar fat bar are really the way to go. If you have an 06-07 they will bolt right into stock clamps, on 05 and prior bikes you need a new top clamp or adapters to use oversize bars like Pro Tapers.

Not completely true. Pro Taper also makes a bar for the 05 and older (7/8) bikes that does not require an adapter. Check out the SE.
http://www.protaper.com/sebars.html

• grayracer513

Posted October 24, 2006 - 08:01 AM

A lot of people make 7/8 bars, and good ones, too. But what the cowboy is saying is that there is an intrinsic advantage to running fat bars without a cross brace like the Contour. None of those will fit the '05 or earlier clamp without buying, building, or boring something.

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted October 24, 2006 - 09:03 PM

Buy Renthal Twinwalls THEY WILL NEVER EVER EVER BEND BELIEVE ME. And if they do send them back and they will send you new ones.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 24, 2006 - 09:16 PM

Twinwalls may never bend, but I've heard several instances of them cracking from vibration. Myself I'm just not a Renthal fan, and with the price difference between even Renthal Fatbars and the Twinwalls I don't think the Twinwalls are worth it.

• DPW

Posted October 25, 2006 - 05:52 AM

I have also heard that the Twinwalls are very rigid and transmit(vibration) a lot of the track to the rider...just what I have heard never tried a set myself.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.