EGR system on all XR and X 07 models

7 replies to this topic
  • drtrider145

Posted October 23, 2006 - 09:03 PM

just in the honda shop and noticed a funky little device on the throttle side back side of the Radiator on the 450x and the xr650 It had hard tubes that went down to the bottom of the cylinder or top of the engine case in the front and like a vacuum line that came off it also, I was told that this was probably an emissions device, not on the 06 though , maybe this is some thing that the 650"L" guy's might know about

• kelleyseiler

Posted October 24, 2006 - 05:06 AM

Yep thats part of the emissions crap!:mad:

• frankstr

Posted October 24, 2006 - 05:15 AM

Just something to remove when doing mods....:mad:

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted October 24, 2006 - 07:12 AM

Welcome to what us Calif. riders have had for years....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R1-xr650-400

Posted October 24, 2006 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, that's the first "mod" I do to all my bikes.

BYE BYE EMISSIONS! Screw California's smog laws, I can't get away with it with my Supra, but I sure as hell can get away with it on my motorcycles :mad:

• cleonard

Posted October 24, 2006 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, that's the first "mod" I do to all my bikes.

BYE BYE EMISSIONS! Screw California's smog laws, I can't get away with it with my Supra, but I sure as hell can get away with it on my motorcycles :mad:

Right up to the time that California starts smogging your bikes. The ARB has been trying to figure how to deploy a motorcycle testing program for the last five years. The only thing stopping it is the fact that the state is so clueless that they can't get figure out how to do it. I think that the current date is for sometime in 2008.

The moral of the story is, keep any smog stuff that you take off. You may need to put it back on at some date.

• R1-xr650-400

Posted October 24, 2006 - 10:04 AM

damnit...well too late for that ;(...I tossed everything.

I have people who can take care of smog for me anyway, it's costly, but it works :mad:

• vaughn

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:52 AM

Something else the 07 XR650R has is a fuel screw that cannot be adjusted with a standard screw driver and the carb needle only has 2 slot positions. I managed to work the fuel screw out and replace it with a T-Handle version. I replaced the needle with the HRC part also.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.