Xr650r White Brothers E2 Jetting

24 replies to this topic
  • Mojave Monster

Posted October 30, 2006 - 09:57 AM

Try this... http://www.xrsonly.c...uemart&Itemid=6
I did my own as most do. Cheap and easy. The reason to open the air box is with a bigger jet you have more gas going in which requires more air to burn.

• Boston Mangler

Posted October 31, 2006 - 06:10 PM

$10 cheaper and supporting a great guy/racer:

act=viewProd&productId=20' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://blaisracingse...od&productId=20

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dick757

Posted November 01, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Had the same prob

Took the stock filter and screen and put it in a bag and replaced it with the UNI filter, and took the 2 plugs out of the air box and drilled 4 holes in the side panel

Works great now and I have the PC496 pipe

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted November 04, 2006 - 06:54 PM

Seems like this problem may have to do with the E2 pipe. I had all of the uncorking mods done according to Honda, using an HRC tip, it ran great. When I put the E2 on, it started backfiring and won't idle worth a crap. My plug is choclate brown color. I too am at sea level. Since the E2 is a quiet pipe. it obviously flows less air, I am thinking the jetting needs to be different than the regular "uncorked" bike with HRC tip.................

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted November 05, 2006 - 07:36 AM

Just updating, looking at the White Bros website, the jetting specs for the E2 says "stock". That is the problem, carving up your side panel will not fix this. Different pipes need different specs, The E2 quiet pipe does not work well with the "uncorked" jetting. Somewhere between stock and uncorked will be your answer. I am giving up this pipe for stock.

Chris

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.