T Clamp Offset

4 replies to this topic
  • 700MX

Posted October 23, 2006 - 04:28 PM

hey, what is your experience with different offsets on the 06-07 YZF?

I had 22mm on my CRF, and it was a great addition adding shapness and traction.

On the YZF.....has anyone tried the options out there?

I dont mind stock.....but need the bars a touch higher still. Is there a spacer kit out there?

Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted October 23, 2006 - 04:44 PM

The '06 YZ450 needs little if any help in that department, IMO, but Doug Dubach, having tried several different setups, prefers 24mm Applied clamps. That's the same result that Applied got in their own blind testing of various offsets, and yes, it is different than the results they got for the YZ250F.

24mm is only 1mm different from the stock offset of 25mm, so I don't know just what you'll see in return for the $400+ you'll spend on the clamps. But you could also try the Rekluse E-axle for $200. It will let you move the axle fore and aft 2mm each way, or any setting in between. Then you can fiddle around and find out what you like.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 700MX

Posted October 23, 2006 - 05:29 PM

Thanks Gray, is there any spacer kits out there that would just raise my stock bar mounts.......maybe like the old school protaper universal mount kits?

• xcape

Posted October 23, 2006 - 06:31 PM

I am looking to a 1'" rise for my bar too. I have the whindham bend and modified the foot pegs still need a bit more room. Are these a good option?

http://www.brpit.com...ar_mounts.html#

• cowboyona426

Posted October 23, 2006 - 07:58 PM

700MX, PMB makes some taller bar mounts, so does GYT-R. On my 06 I went with 10mm spacers (made by a forum member... Coopsvintageyz) and Windham bend bars. It works good for me, and I have long arms.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.