Need some help..

1 reply to this topic
  • xr_guys

Posted October 23, 2006 - 02:00 PM

Hi guys, I just score a good low miles 2002 street license xr650r with plenty of goodies added already. I have a few questions below;

1. How could I tell from just looking if HRC kit is already installed? Can you read part number on the side of the manifold?
2. Is 2002 model have the revised clutch bushing?
3. For 250 lbs guy, would you recommend to buy the springs both front and back to avoid tank slap and any recommended spring rate?
Thanks,
XR

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Miguel159

Posted October 23, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hi guys, I just score a good low miles 2002 street license xr650r with plenty of goodies added already. I have a few questions below;

1. How could I tell from just looking if HRC kit is already installed? Can you read part number on the side of the manifold?
2. Is 2002 model have the revised clutch bushing?
3. For 250 lbs guy, would you recommend to buy the springs both front and back to avoid tank slap and any recommended spring rate?
Thanks,
XR

If the exhaust opening is the size of a dime it's likely still corked up. Pull off the airbox cover and see if there are two rectangular-ish holes above the filter. If not, the restrictors are still there. I'm 210 lbs and bought Race Tech progressive springs. The rear spring is stock and seems ok for me. Take a look at your thermostat. If you're planning on riding tight stuff replace it. Mine locked open with only 85 km on the odo. Bike boiled over. New SRC thermo enroute. Oh. I also changed my fork oil to 5 wt.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.