Bk Mod Spring Question

1 reply to this topic
  • trail

Posted October 23, 2006 - 01:26 PM

I got it drilled and tapped but I cant find a good spring anywhere....
I found one from an ink pen but it dosent really put and pressure on the screw...

How often will the AP need adjusted after I set it up the first time? Can I just put a little dab of Silicon on the screw so it doset move?:mad:

Also I am at 155 main and 2 slot for the neddle running at 8k-13k feet. 158 main at 5500 feet...
What changes should I make if any after setting the AP?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted October 23, 2006 - 02:28 PM

I got it drilled and tapped but I cant find a good spring anywhere....
I found one from an ink pen but it dosent really put and pressure on the screw...

How often will the AP need adjusted after I set it up the first time? Can I just put a little dab of Silicon on the screw so it doset move?:mad:

Also I am at 155 main and 2 slot for the neddle running at 8k-13k feet. 158 main at 5500 feet...
What changes should I make if any after setting the AP?

I used a spring from a pen.... I just streached it out a bit befor installing it, plus the throttle cable cover rests on the screw when installed and should help keep it in place. Once adjusted it should need little re-adjustment.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.