shims different than .05mm increments

3 replies to this topic
  • jandmsuburban7

Posted October 23, 2006 - 11:15 AM

Hey guys, I have been reading a lot on this site. It is GREAT!! I also know that I saw a thread about a shim or pad set (aftermarket) for valve adjustments that was odd sizes and had more choices than the standard .05mm sizes. I have just gone back through and have looked everywhere for it and cant, for the life of me, find it again. Can anyone tell me where I might find a set of shims in odd sizes? Thanks, Jason

• GCannon

Posted October 23, 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hot cams has a big set also Honda 450's use the same diameter shims but Honda offers the shims in .025mm sizes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jandmsuburban7

Posted October 23, 2006 - 05:19 PM

Hey thanks for responding. Am I to understand that the Honda shims are the same and if I buy the Honda factory shims they come in.025 mm increments? Thanks Jason

• GCannon

Posted October 24, 2006 - 08:51 AM

Yes! or get the Hot Cams shim kit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.