Oil Pickup Question-

No replies to this topic
  • Toothmech

Posted October 23, 2006 - 09:51 AM

I have studied the diagram in the manual concerning the oil pickup in the bottom of the crankcase, and still can't completely figure it out, so I was hoping that someone could help me with a problem. A small piece (2 x 4mm) of the inside of the right crankcase cover broke out near the back of where the oil line on the right side bolts into the cover, and although I think I got all the pieces of aluminum out of the bottom of the case, there may still be a small piece in there. My question is if there is in fact a piece in there, will it get pulled up into the tranny gears and do a ton of damage, or can I bolt things back together and not worry too much. I pulled the right side cover to fix it, sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner into the bottom of the case, and let it drain out of the two drain holes. I didn't get anything else, and I've tried looking in there, but I can't see anything. I would appreciate any other suggestions for finding this piece, or at least an idea of how the oil moves, so I can make a better decision. Thanks in advance!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.