Hotcams:"Good luck starting your bike!! Breake a leg!"

4 replies to this topic
  • Audun

Posted October 23, 2006 - 06:21 AM

Posted a thread yesterday, while I still was out of controll.. It was deleted and SC told me to take a beer and a couple of deep breaths.. So I did..

Yesterday when I was trying to start my bike it fired back and broke the kick axle! This got me pretty darn ......! Cause I know a new axle is going to kost me a kidney here in Norway!

So next time I by something, ofcourse listen to you guys at TT. And dont belive what the manufacturer says. Since they stated that the cams would give a significant power increase I persumed they have tried it! I read the threads on hotcams here on TT, but figured I should be able to kickstart the bike. After installing it it became obvious to me that hotcams could never had tried to fit that cam into a wr 450 since the decomp didn`t work at ALL! Cause making the decomp work is the worlds smallest problem, I cant understad how they could start production of a cam that dont work as its supposed to!

So no respect at all for the people at hotcams and Im happy that my leg didnt breake as I was thrown of the bike!

-Another unsatisfied customer

PS: Do anybody know if there is someone that makes kick axles of titanium or some other metall that is a lot stronger than the original kick axle? Hotcams maybe? hehehe!

• onecolumbyte

Posted October 23, 2006 - 11:59 AM

The kickstart lever gets beat up where it hits the footpeg while starting. After a while you WILL develop a crack there and it'll break. When I bought my YZ the previous owner had ziptied a small 1/4" thick piece of aluminum to the kick stand so that takes the abuse instead. Simple, cheap, effective.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Audun

Posted October 23, 2006 - 12:47 PM

The kickstart lever gets beat up where it hits the footpeg while starting. After a while you WILL develop a crack there and it'll break. When I bought my YZ the previous owner had ziptied a small 1/4" thick piece of aluminum to the kick stand so that takes the abuse instead. Simple, cheap, effective.

Dint break the kickstarter, broke the kickstarter axle! The kickstarter is easily duplicated in Alumek or some other more ridgid metall, but the axel isn`t that easy to make!

If the kickstarter broke I would asume it was because of the reason you mentioned, but I never kick that far down, just to avoid hitting the fotpeg..

• Asgeir

Posted October 24, 2006 - 12:57 PM

Are you saying we should not go for hotcams ?

What about YZ exhaust cam ?

• Fullbore4

Posted October 24, 2006 - 01:41 PM

my 06 runs better with a yz exhaust cam and has the same lift and duration.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.