Love my 426F, now i hate my YZ 250 2 stroke

6 replies to this topic
  • slammmin72

Posted October 22, 2006 - 06:16 PM

so im starting to love my "bullet proof" (knocks on wood) 02' YZ 426. took both my 426, and my YZ250 2 stroke to stonyford...and the 426 couldnt ahve run any better.....the 2 stroke on the other hand...i took it for one short ride this morning after debating weatehr to take my 4 stroke or my 2 stroke......lets jsut say my 2 stroke is in need of some serius engine work....might have grenaded it...not sure yet...

heres teh tread that explains my wonderful day i had..

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=429015

funny thing about the whole hting, i took my 2 stroke on the trip cause its never let me down....ive learned my lesson the hard way.....

• Nitroused383

Posted October 22, 2006 - 06:26 PM

What lesson did you learn? You need to work on your shit before it blows up? Ya thats a good lesson. Any bike will eventually fail you if you neglect it enough. The way a bike runs is a reflection of its owner.

• slammmin72

Posted October 22, 2006 - 07:31 PM

im am usually pretty good about maintinance. oill change and air filter cleaned after ever ride aswell as a complete and thourough wash. i was acutally planning on doing a top end on it (was waiting for my neighbor to sell his KTM, so that i could use his scissor lift table to work on my 250) i dont know if its so much as neglect, as it is just wear and tear, and bad luck. ive had the bike for a little over a year, but we ride alot (everweekend at least...) and knowing that, ur right, i prolly should have sheduled some motor work a little sooner.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • katoom525sx

Posted October 24, 2006 - 07:25 PM

Just wait until the 426 goes it will all bikes have there time. The 426 will cost you atleast twice as much as the 250 will to rebuild.

• yz_for_me

Posted October 24, 2006 - 07:44 PM

Boy, tough crowd in this thread. Even well maintained bikes can blow up. Just ask James Stewart.

Hopefully your 426 gives you many trouble free years. Treat 'er right and chances are she will.

• SurvivorMan

Posted October 24, 2006 - 11:26 PM

bikes are meant to be destroyed, the 2 stroke will never suck. They are so simple, light and affordable. The thumper is a heavy, complicated pile....but it delivers such a smooth, usable powerband.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:47 AM

bikes are meant to be destroyed, the 2 stroke will never suck. They are so simple, light and affordable. The thumper is a heavy, complicated pile....but it delivers such a smooth, usable powerband.

I think you are trying to say, dirtsbikes are meant to be rebuilt....if you maintain a 4stroke correctly, the chances of it blowing up are slim.....but when or if it does....it does sux on your wallet.:mad:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.