What would be a good price for my bike?

18 replies to this topic
  • barch88

Posted October 22, 2006 - 04:53 PM

'06 YZ450F, Renthal Twinwalls, GYTR Water Pump Guard, Yamaha Tach/Hour meter, TwinAir filter, DID ERT2 Gold chain, and some other very minor items like jets, grips, matching bar pad, etc...all stock items included of course. It's in showroom condition, see my Garage: http://www.thumperta...ehicle&vid=6664

What do you guy's think I could get for it, what should my starting price be? I usually don't sell anything, but I need to sell it for a newer car, my Ranger won't be able to cut it much longer, and I'm playing tourament Paintball once again, so I wouldn't have time to ride, but either way I need to sell it for another vehicle. After breaking my tibia and fibula, which are still broke, and I had to have surgery plus 5 screws, I'm not really looking forward to riding again anyways, that much...Education and transportation comes before Motocross, maybe while in college, or when I get out of college I will ride again.

Thanks for help!

• veloc1ty

Posted October 22, 2006 - 05:17 PM

link no work, use imageshack

• barch88

Posted October 22, 2006 - 05:32 PM

Try now...

• srucker

Posted October 22, 2006 - 05:38 PM

Pretty cleanbike. I would say 6500 would be a good price for it. I hope your leg heals quickly and straight. Good luck

• RickyD

Posted October 22, 2006 - 05:52 PM

Ask for a high price aqnd see what happens. FWIW, i sold my bike using Craigslist, i put the as up thursday night, bike left saturday evening..

Heal up!!

• Yami_rider455

Posted October 22, 2006 - 05:55 PM

Your bike is super clean but there is no way you will get 6,500. Im hoping to get $5,000 out of mine, but its been on the ground a few times. I know it sucks but i would guess 5,500

• clintb

Posted October 22, 2006 - 07:00 PM

I would say 4800.00 to 5000.00

• hi everybody

Posted October 22, 2006 - 07:23 PM

I concur on the $5000...maybe 5200. I have a question though...do you just have your hour meter zip-tied onto the cables, so it just sorta hangs off? or???

• barch88

Posted October 22, 2006 - 07:34 PM

It's ziptied onto the cables. It don't move at all...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hi everybody

Posted October 22, 2006 - 07:38 PM

Shweet..thanks! good luck on the sale.

• Troutman

Posted October 22, 2006 - 07:39 PM

Sorry about your situation, injured and having to sell that awsome bike. I feel for you man. I dont think I could do it.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 23, 2006 - 05:50 AM

5000-5200 would be my guess.
Barch...it does sux to have to sell it...but it sounds like you have your priorities in order (taking care of your injury and education are more important)....you can always buy another one when and if you are ready...and they will be that much better then.....:mad:

• barch88

Posted October 23, 2006 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, I just wouldn't have time to ride, at all. Between a full time job, school, working out, friends, family, paintball, it just isn't going to work. I don't want to hold on to a bike that I can't ride, would rather give it a good home, and where it will get use. I can always get a new one later, why hold onto it because by the time I ride again, it will be a few years old...Plus, the nearest track will be close to 2-3 hours away...compared to like 20 minutes right now.

I will list it for $5400, see what offers I get.

• Jaycycle

Posted October 23, 2006 - 03:19 PM

That sucks bro. big time. good luck on the journey of life.

• aford541

Posted October 23, 2006 - 07:04 PM

'06 YZ450F, Renthal Twinwalls, GYTR Water Pump Guard, Yamaha Tach/Hour meter, TwinAir filter, DID ERT2 Gold chain, and some other very minor items like jets, grips, matching bar pad, etc...all stock items included of course. It's in showroom condition, see my Garage: http://www.thumperta...ehicle&vid=6664

What do you guy's think I could get for it, what should my starting price be? I usually don't sell anything, but I need to sell it for a newer car, my Ranger won't be able to cut it much longer, and I'm playing tourament Paintball once again, so I wouldn't have time to ride, but either way I need to sell it for another vehicle. After breaking my tibia and fibula, which are still broke, and I had to have surgery plus 5 screws, I'm not really looking forward to riding again anyways, that much...Education and transportation comes before Motocross, maybe while in college, or when I get out of college I will ride again.

Thanks for help!

I got 5500 for mine 30 hours on it with rebuilt suspension all stock with a DMC pipe and the Blue wheels.

• barch88

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:30 PM

Good news. I decided not to sell it, and ride again next season. As for needing the money, that is all settled now :mad:

• Jaycycle

Posted October 26, 2006 - 04:38 PM

Good news. I decided not to sell it, and ride again next season. As for needing the money, that is all settled now :mad:

did barch hit it big?

• RideRaceLive123

Posted October 26, 2006 - 05:05 PM

Crap.. And I was just going to offer you a $1 for it.

• DBMX 925

Posted October 27, 2006 - 01:20 AM

My brother bought a new 06, off the showroom floor for 4954.00 last Saturday. Plus NYS sales tax.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.