honda xr600 wheels

2 replies to this topic
  • toby1978

Posted October 22, 2006 - 10:49 AM

I have a 1985 xr600r with a 17inch rear wheel and drum brake can i change it to an 18inch to open up more tyre choice. The main things been can i do it on the standered swingarm ( possible fitting disc brake ) or would it be easier to change arm. Another option been lacing an 18inch rim to standered hub obviousley only if the 18inch would clear standered swingarm any help would be great thanks:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cbaranski

Posted October 22, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Try to find a 88 rear wheel. They were drum brake til 90. Then Honda went to disc rear 91 on. 88 was the first year they went to an 18" rear wheel. I think this will be easier to do.

• toby1978

Posted October 23, 2006 - 12:55 PM

thanks will look in to that let you know how it goes

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.