Dyno tuned my '06 650L

28 replies to this topic
  • R1-xr650-400

Posted October 21, 2006 - 01:13 AM

Cool, thanks for explaining. Sounds like you're planning on taking your 650L a BIT further than I plan to take mine. I want to just snag a street legal 02 650R, and go from there. I'll keep this as a traveler/prerunning bike, because eventually, I have big dreams :thumbsdn:

I don't even have a header, just the back half White Brothers E2 setup. Will a header increase the db level a lot, because I'm already close to the legal limit here in California, and I get hastled even with my silencer in the pipe :devil:.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 21, 2006 - 04:00 AM

No the header does not effect sound output, It will affect your bottom end grunt and all the through the powerband, more power. Check out the www.xrsonly.com site they have a really nice exhaust, that you can tune for sound level, with a 96db insert, you can get the header for around $150, the can will be $280, and the insert $25, these qoutes are lower than what xrsonly sells them for, to get above prices and lower than list prices on all they sell contact Kamell, at rideaide@hotmail.com. He is in California too. Good luck.
Yeah I wanted a R model to dual sport too but we can no longer get plates for them in Florida :thumbsdn: :devil:
I decided I will save my money untill I can get a 07 Ducati 1100s multistrada instead.
This is why I am going to hotrod my L model a bit, will also put her on a diet see if she can lose a little around the belly.

• bork

Posted October 21, 2006 - 04:12 AM

REBELV you in fl? where? Come ride the dixie dual sports events with us! & concerning the L issue . my R runs even drag with a 400r. (I weigh 300) BUT in soft sand I notice the cubes/torque must kick in, cause that's when I seem to pull. Another dude we ride with has a L with xronly SS pipe & jetting, & is really quick. I thought they were supposed to be dogs, according to all the comments I read on here. But now I would consider getting one.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 21, 2006 - 04:29 AM

Bork, yes I am just northwest of Tallahassee. Bought the bike to ride with my boys, now I cant get enough makes me feel like a kid again, love to show the kids the old man still can get it on.:devil:
I would be interested in a club ride tell me more!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R1-xr650-400

Posted October 22, 2006 - 01:41 AM

No the header does not effect sound output, It will affect your bottom end grunt and all the through the powerband, more power. Check out the www.xrsonly.com site they have a really nice exhaust, that you can tune for sound level, with a 96db insert, you can get the header for around $150, the can will be $280, and the insert $25, these qoutes are lower than what xrsonly sells them for, to get above prices and lower than list prices on all they sell contact Kamell, at rideaide@hotmail.com. He is in California too. Good luck.
Yeah I wanted a R model to dual sport too but we can no longer get plates for them in Florida :mad: :mad:
I decided I will save my money untill I can get a 07 Ducati 1100s multistrada instead.
This is why I am going to hotrod my L model a bit, will also put her on a diet see if she can lose a little around the belly.

Can I still use my white brother's E2 setup? I mean, I just bought it, do, I'd kind of like to keep it on :mad:.

• thumpin hard

Posted October 22, 2006 - 02:22 PM

i can tell you i have ridden a couple of stock xr650l's with about 3-4k ann them,i bought one with about 16k on it,it doesnt smoke a bit and it has been rejetted with the white bros. pipe(but not header) it is way faster than stock! but i dont know the dyno specs.. on my old xl 350 i did an oversize carb. and a low end cam and found after jetting properly and regearing a bit lower it beat ever 500 i ever went up against..the motor can do it,but again be happy you have someone fairly evenly matched to ride with,if you kick his A__ every time it might get old..so maybe just have fun and be gratefull for what ya got?

• rebelventurer

Posted October 22, 2006 - 03:40 PM

Sure you add the header and keep the E2 if thats what you want!

• BWB63

Posted October 22, 2006 - 04:39 PM

Well maybe if there was some info on the DZR-400, I assume it to is not stock and has plenty of mods done to it. All I know in the 90's my ZX600 would keep right up with the 750's and 900's but not the liter bikes.JMHO!
Bill

un-corked - DRZ400s puts out 36hp at the rear wheel and a DRZ400E puts out 40hp at the rear wheel. Stock XR650L puts out 32hp at the rear wheel and un-corked it puts out 36hp at the rear wheel so, 38hp is great. The DRZ400 engine is a better design, water cooled and lighter. Suzuki make a great 400cc engine and it gets over-looked a lot.

• R1-xr650-400

Posted October 22, 2006 - 05:13 PM

un-corked - DRZ400s puts out 36hp at the rear wheel and a DRZ400E puts out 40hp at the rear wheel. Stock XR650L puts out 32hp at the rear wheel and un-corked it puts out 36hp at the rear wheel so, 38hp is great. The DRZ400 engine is a better design, water cooled and lighter. Suzuki make a great 400cc engine and it gets over-looked a lot.

Sweet!

Thanks for the reply, that's all I really wanted to hear, confirmation that my power figures weren't gimped :mad:

I guess it really is all the weight, cause even with what I've taken off, that skid plate, and fuel tank, not to mention my fat ass, really does make the difference.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.