Clutch Cover

12 replies to this topic
  • vchssrider

Posted October 20, 2006 - 04:23 PM

Working on my 04 YZF450 tonight I found a hole on my clutch cover from were my boots have been rubing. Any recommendations on what type of clutch cover to replace the stock one. Race HS races with the bike. Guess I will have to get some JB BOND (not sure if that is the correct name) to put on there for the race this weekend.

• 02YZ426

Posted October 20, 2006 - 05:15 PM

The Hinson cover is the nicest in my opinion.... but they don't come cheap. Boyesen makes a good one for a reasonable price and it looks pretty good too
http://www.btosports.com/p/BYFCC

• KJ790

Posted October 20, 2006 - 06:03 PM

I would go with a boyesen one personally. I had a rock crack my clutch cover on a bike a cople years ago and I bought a boyesen one. I have run boyesen clutch covers on a couple bikes and I really like them. For the money it is the best you can buy I feel. It is much stronger than stock.

• barch88

Posted October 20, 2006 - 06:24 PM

The Hinson cover is the nicest in my opinion.... but they don't come cheap. Boyesen makes a good one for a reasonable price and it looks pretty good too
http://www.btosports.com/p/BYFCC

My vote as well.

• aedwards07

Posted October 20, 2006 - 06:49 PM

SFB covers are the strongest.I have Hinson covers on my bikes and they are nice.The boyesen ones will work also.

• 02YZ426

Posted October 20, 2006 - 07:51 PM

SFB covers are the strongest.I have Hinson covers on my bikes and they are nice.The boyesen ones will work also.

They are trick looking covers too... trouble is that everyone I see at the track has the anodizing worn off from the boots.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 20, 2006 - 10:02 PM

Yamaha's GYT-R cover is also much tougher than stock, and considerably less money than Hinson.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 21, 2006 - 09:31 AM

Yamaha's GYT-R cover is also much tougher than stock, and considerably less money than Hinson.

agreed....hinson is 199.00 I just added it to my full hinson clutch. It is slightly larger/thicker than stock....looks trick,,,,but so do all the others

I have a used 03 clutch cover for sale if anyone wants it.....pm me

• Urps

Posted October 21, 2006 - 09:54 AM

:devil:

Got one on my Yammie and I lurve it....looks sweet little heavier little thicker and I found it for about 85 bucks a little while ago

• Alex_YZ450F

Posted October 22, 2006 - 03:24 PM

Aren't all GYT-R clutch components made by Hinson?

• aedwards07

Posted October 22, 2006 - 04:24 PM

Yeppers.

• 700MX

Posted October 22, 2006 - 04:35 PM

does the hinson outer coating get worn off from your boots?

Does the GYT-R?

Thanks......It would be nice to have a outer coating that looks fresh all year

• grayracer513

Posted October 22, 2006 - 06:22 PM

Aren't all GYT-R clutch components made by Hinson?

At one time they were. I've been informed here that that's no longer the case, however. Even so, they are an excellent value.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.