Too Lean?

3 replies to this topic
  • SVTCOBRA4U

Posted October 20, 2006 - 04:07 PM

Ok 07 XR650L, have everything to uncork, tear bike apart and do everthing, go to put the jets in and they're wrong ,been all over town trying to find them and no luck. MY question is if I stick it back together, how will it run with the stock jets and everthing else done, needle shim, drilled slide, no baffle, K&N, stock pipe with baffle removed, will it be too lean to ride this weekend while a wait for those idiots to order me the right jets?

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 20, 2006 - 05:15 PM

You could always find someone who has a set of jet drill bits. Not many available these days.
Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRsteve

Posted October 20, 2006 - 07:56 PM

If you put the baffle back in it will probably be ok. I had to wait a week for the jets so I drilled the slide, shimmed the needle, and left the snorkel in the airbox. It popped it out when I got the jets. And to be honest, I didn't notice any difference when I did rejet. It's the drilling and shimming that seemed to make the real difference in throttle response.

• goblin127

Posted October 20, 2006 - 08:10 PM

Just by shimming the needle you will have ritchened it up alittle,but I would still rejet when you get the right ones. And as far as taking the baffle out well some back preasure is a good thing. How loud is that thing? Don't sweat it should be fine.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.