What's The washer For?

3 replies to this topic
  • tommyj92028

Posted October 20, 2006 - 03:15 PM

I noticed someone said they couldn't find the washer they needed to do the power up. I am not aware of this. When I did the uncork/powerup on my 06 650R, I put in the different needle (from Honda). Is this washer used if you retain the stock needle jet? Thanks, Tommy

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 20, 2006 - 03:22 PM

It is to raise the needle for those that dont have an adjustable needle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tommyj92028

Posted October 20, 2006 - 03:27 PM

Is that a CA thing? Even the needle I took out was adjustable with 5 positions. The upgrade had a different taper to it. It's thinner at the business end (increased flow). Tommy

• cleonard

Posted October 20, 2006 - 03:50 PM

It's for the 650L. As far as I can tell any road legal bike is forced to have a non adjustable needle. The washer is used to jack it up a little and give a little richer jetting in the midrange. I'm pretty sure that a "normal" needle can be used, but the washer is a cheap alternative.

The washer trick can be useful on a bike with an adjustable needle. It allows for a finer 1/2 step or so adjustment.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.