Looking for advice- graphics problem

10 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted October 20, 2006 - 02:31 PM

A month or two back I got around to installiny my One Industries graphics on new Acerbis shrouds... the process took me a while (I was a graphics virgin) but I was pretty pleased with the results. However, there are a few goblins haunting me now, and I'm hoping one of you will have a suggestion. The biggest problem is right at the front of the shroud where there is a split in the graphic... no matter what I try, I can't get the graphic to lay down right, there is a small spot that keeps pulling away from the shroud (see pics). I'm afraid that if I can't get it to stay down, the first good limb or seam on my pants that slides past here the wrong way is going to destroy my graphics. The guy I've been talking to at One was no help at all :devil: so I thought I'd see if any of you have any suggestions/ideas, short of buying a new kit and starting over of course.

• Jaycycle

Posted October 20, 2006 - 02:42 PM

I don't see any pics? Im afraid if you installed them a month or two ago... your not going to get something to stick down now. Not quite sure what part it is, but if its not to big, i would just cut it off.... But then again post a pic if you have one.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 21, 2006 - 08:35 AM

Not sure what happened with the pics... hopefully it works this time:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• NYMXer

Posted October 21, 2006 - 08:41 AM

Heat the decal up w/ a hiar dryer and smooth it back out. This should reactivate the glue. :devil:

• cowboyona426

Posted October 21, 2006 - 08:51 AM

I kind of tried that once.. maybe I just need to do it again, who knows.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 21, 2006 - 01:10 PM

Do it before that pocket fills with dirt...a real pain in the butt to fix then:thumbsdn:

• NYMXer

Posted October 21, 2006 - 01:21 PM

I kind of tried that once.. maybe I just need to do it again, who knows.

Then heat it up, peel the bad part back, clean the plastic w/ alcohol and reapply using heat. That should do it for you. :devil:

• Mike546

Posted October 21, 2006 - 02:04 PM

It will never stick at this point. Take a razor blade and trim it back to the point that it has good adheasion. Just follow the contour of the grafix and you wont notice it at all.

• DPW

Posted October 21, 2006 - 07:15 PM

Peel back the section that is not sticking and clean all the dirt that is there off and use Loctite Plastic Epoxy(lowe's) to stick the graphic back down. You may need to use some heat to reposition the top part so it lays flat or cut a "V" in it.

http://images.lowes....07535306820.jpg

• Ga426owner

Posted October 22, 2006 - 05:54 AM

Peel back the section that is not sticking and clean all the dirt that is there off and use Loctite Plastic Epoxy(lowe's) to stick the graphic back down. You may need to use some heat to reposition the top part so it lays flat or cut a "V" in it.

http://images.lowes....07535306820.jpg

DPW thanks for that tip...I never have tried that product before...3M Spray adhesive...but it seems to lose the bond after a while...:mad:

• Goosedog

Posted October 22, 2006 - 06:34 AM

3M also makes a product for appling body mouldings to cars. I've used it for everything from the Ford emblem on my van to graphics on my bikes. You can get it at any auto parts store, it's called "3M Plastic Trim and Emblem Adhesive". Clean the area, warm it up, apply the glue and clamp it down for an hour or so.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.