Tire suggestions???

Any input on what tires for my WR for intermediate terrain. I ride everywhere all types of conditions. I would like something that hooks very well. The stockers have got to go:crazy: it's like riding with slicks if you get in any type of moisture:foul: I love this bike, but it needs new meats.... bad

After all the mods I've done they won't be really effective until I find the right tires, then it will be smooth sailn':ride:

Thanks in advance

Any input on what tires for my WR for intermediate terrain. I ride everywhere all types of conditions. I would like something that hooks very well. The stockers have got to go:crazy: it's like riding with slicks if you get in any type of moisture:foul: I love this bike, but it needs new meats.... bad

After all the mods I've done they won't be really effective until I find the right tires, then it will be smooth sailn':ride:

Thanks in advance

Do a search, this question has been asked many times over and you will find a ton of information. I went with MAXXIS and they are :devil:? :thumbsdn:

It really depends where you ride.

I ride in the NE, so there is some good mud. I bought the maxxis IT rear because it got such good reviews. While it is good in rocks and hardpack, I'm not thrilled because it's poor in mud. Western riders seem to like it, though.

For an all conditions tire, so far I like my MT16 front. It's not great in the mud, either, but it's OK, and it's really good everywhere else. It shows very little wear after 400 miles of mostly trails, some with lots of rocks.

I'll be trying an MT16 rear next.:devil:

I mostly ride in so cal desert terrain. Which is intermediate to hard surfaces. Intermediate to me is some soft dirt and some sand. Hard is well... rocks!

I'm somewhat accident prone (aren't we all) and I wanted as much traction as possible while learning. I put a trials tire on the rear. It sticks to absolutely everything. Traction everywhere! Its like riding a street bike in the dirt. There will be no accidental wheel spin and its a tough radial tire. I love it.

On the front, where I really thought I was going to get killed, I went to the dunlop 756. I have a HD tube in it and run it at 12lbs. It works great.