Tire suggestions???

9 replies to this topic
  • Flyman28

Posted October 20, 2006 - 12:01 PM

Any input on what tires for my WR for intermediate terrain. I ride everywhere all types of conditions. I would like something that hooks very well. The stockers have got to go:crazy: it's like riding with slicks if you get in any type of moisture:foul: I love this bike, but it needs new meats.... bad

After all the mods I've done they won't be really effective until I find the right tires, then it will be smooth sailn':ride:

Thanks in advance

• byggd

Posted October 20, 2006 - 12:04 PM

Any input on what tires for my WR for intermediate terrain. I ride everywhere all types of conditions. I would like something that hooks very well. The stockers have got to go:crazy: it's like riding with slicks if you get in any type of moisture:foul: I love this bike, but it needs new meats.... bad

After all the mods I've done they won't be really effective until I find the right tires, then it will be smooth sailn':ride:

Thanks in advance

Do a search, this question has been asked many times over and you will find a ton of information. I went with MAXXIS and they are :devil: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

• Flyman28

Posted October 20, 2006 - 12:07 PM

I've seached 500 freakn' times, it never worked! But I'll look into some of the MAXXIS tires.

• Legend_XL

Posted October 20, 2006 - 01:00 PM

I went with the Michelin M12's in the front and rear. Up here in the northwest there are alot of rocks and mud, they work well in both.

• WGP

Posted October 20, 2006 - 01:58 PM

It really depends on what you want to spend....

I like the Kenda Carlsbad 772 in the back and is cheap (buy 2).

I also like the Maxxis Desert IT.

So many choices, so little time...........
http://www.rockymoun...39&navType=type

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JRAMBO

Posted October 20, 2006 - 02:00 PM

Perelli's

• bg10459

Posted October 20, 2006 - 02:18 PM

It really depends where you ride.
I ride in the NE, so there is some good mud. I bought the maxxis IT rear because it got such good reviews. While it is good in rocks and hardpack, I'm not thrilled because it's poor in mud. Western riders seem to like it, though.
For an all conditions tire, so far I like my MT16 front. It's not great in the mud, either, but it's OK, and it's really good everywhere else. It shows very little wear after 400 miles of mostly trails, some with lots of rocks.
I'll be trying an MT16 rear next.:devil:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 21, 2006 - 08:08 AM

I mostly ride in so cal desert terrain. Which is intermediate to hard surfaces. Intermediate to me is some soft dirt and some sand. Hard is well... rocks!

I'm somewhat accident prone (aren't we all) and I wanted as much traction as possible while learning. I put a trials tire on the rear. It sticks to absolutely everything. Traction everywhere! Its like riding a street bike in the dirt. There will be no accidental wheel spin and its a tough radial tire. I love it.

On the front, where I really thought I was going to get killed, I went to the dunlop 756. I have a HD tube in it and run it at 12lbs. It works great.

• Meltz

Posted October 21, 2006 - 08:45 AM

I was surprised to see my '06 WR450 came with the Dunlop 756 on the rear. I figured they'd come with an intermediate to hard terrain tire. The front is a 739, so that's gonna have to go once the rains come.

• Alley Cat

Posted October 22, 2006 - 03:49 PM

Get a gay trials tire. :mad:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.