what are the largest pegs for the xr650r

7 replies to this topic
  • simon@vic

Posted October 20, 2006 - 08:18 AM

i bought a set of ims pro SS pegs and had to send them back. too small. smaller then all other ims pegs i have seen. smaller then stock crf230 pegs {and that is SAD}

i have been told to get Try Fastway pegs. i was wondering if there are any other options.

thx

• Blakerj10

Posted October 20, 2006 - 08:23 AM

I have a pair from xrs only that I purchased prior to my boycott. They are really big, but kind of crude looking. They work great, just looks like they were made by hand with a dremel or somthing.

• ProMed

Posted October 20, 2006 - 10:30 AM

i bought a set of ims pro SS pegs and had to send them back. too small. smaller then all other ims pegs i have seen. smaller then stock crf230 pegs {and that is SAD}
thx

You don't have IMS Pro series pegs if they are the same size as the stock pegs. I have put the IMS Pro pegs on my CR250, CRF450 and a XR650 and they were twice as wide as all of the stock pegs I was replacing. Also, it seems you are combining two different pegs by saying IMS PRO SS. The IMS Pro have very aggressive teeth and the IMS Super Stock (SS) has a less aggressive tooth design but should be the same width.

I do plan to try out the new Sunline stainless pegs on my next bike when they are released due to their very interesting new tooth design. This is the only picture I could find on them:

Posted Image

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 20, 2006 - 10:54 AM

You don't have IMS Pro series pegs if they are the same size as the stock pegs. I have put the IMS Pro pegs on my CR250, CRF450 and a XR650 and they were twice as wide as all of the stock pegs I was replacing. Also, it seems you are combining two different pegs by saying IMS PRO SS. The IMS Pro have very aggressive teeth and the IMS Super Stock (SS) has a less aggressive tooth design but should be the same width.

I do plan to try out the new Sunline stainless pegs on my next bike when they are released due to their very interesting new tooth design. This is the only picture I could find on them:

Posted Image

Where to get those pegs?????
Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MindBlower

Posted October 20, 2006 - 03:25 PM

I think he means IMS Pro Stainless Steel. I have them for a 350.

• simon@vic

Posted October 20, 2006 - 03:34 PM

i ordered some moose ti pegs. very nice but not cheap!!

Posted Image

• squatpuke

Posted October 29, 2006 - 09:42 AM

Can the IMS Pro series pegs fit on the 650L?

• rebelventurer

Posted October 29, 2006 - 12:10 PM

I have the xrs only pegs and love them got them for $63 from rideaide@hotmail.com I looked at others first including the ims and fastway, But was sold on the xrs only, and they do not look like they were cut with a dremel, polished outsides and fit was first rate. And they have them for both the R and L models, probably the same part#.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.