Free Yamaha Manuals On .PDF

8 replies to this topic
  • KD123

Posted October 19, 2006 - 06:40 PM

I stumbled into the WZ forum and found the following message posted there. I thought my fellow YZs should benefit too, especially those without manuals. The link referred to in the message below didn't come through in my cut and paste. The link is http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0.

Kevin

Posted by Clark4131 in WZ forum:
Free Yamaha Manuals On .PDF

Since a lot of folks want to get a .pdf version of the manual to save on their computers, here's the link to where you can find them. They're from the Australian Yamaha site, but this link will take you there without having to search. Keep in mind however, they are the international versions with French, German and Spanish supplements. You can edit those pages out if you have a password removal program and Adobe Acrobat. IMHO, these are actually better versions than the US, as they have tuning sections in them that go into proper carb adjustment, engine management, etc. that are omitted from the manuals given out in the States. Enjoy ...SC

• rexbond007

Posted October 19, 2006 - 07:40 PM

yea but you can't print.

• grayracer513

Posted October 20, 2006 - 08:19 AM

The U.S. manual has the same section on tuning at the back, same place as the Euro one.

• sparkyz

Posted October 20, 2006 - 09:36 AM

Hey gray have you noticed any differences between the 06 manual and the 03?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spinyard

Posted October 20, 2006 - 10:56 AM

yeah one's for 03 and one is for 06

• grayracer513

Posted October 20, 2006 - 12:12 PM

Yes, quite a few.

What are you getting at?

• sparkyz

Posted October 20, 2006 - 06:07 PM

I have a non printable 03 verion but a printable version for the 06. Just wondering if I print something out if I need to verify stuff like torque specs. Sounds like I do. Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted October 20, 2006 - 09:38 PM

Most critical torque specs that I'm aware of are the same, as are the valve clearances, but some procedures are quite naturally different because of the relocation of the oil tank, and the reconfiguration of the rest of the lube system. And, of course the electricals are different.

One possible error I know of is that while the front axle nut is now aluminum, the same torque of 75 ft/lb is still called for, just as when the nut was steel. 60 seems like enough to me. Be careful using more.

• xnofriendsx

Posted October 21, 2006 - 10:15 PM

Or better yet...
From Yamaha...
http://www.yamaha-mo.../starthere.aspx

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.