Different Offset Triple Clamps for 05?

4 replies to this topic
  • smokinsingle

Posted October 19, 2006 - 01:46 PM

Anybody try any different triple clamps on 05 WR 450's? It seemes the steering is so sluggish and slow.

• jason_dempsey

Posted October 20, 2006 - 01:41 PM

Check out graves motorsport

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rivrrx

Posted October 24, 2006 - 07:00 PM

BRP racing has the only triple clamps i have found for a WR.
I have a 2004 and the had a couple of diffrend ones.
Hope this helps.

• mtrablue

Posted October 24, 2006 - 08:04 PM

your not going to get a 265 lb., 450cc four stroke to turn on a dime. make a couple free changes to your set up before you spend the bucks. pull your forks up in your stock triple clamps to the second line on the tubes. also, add 3/16 to a 1/4 inch more pre-load to the rear end (less sag).

• ncmountainman

Posted October 27, 2006 - 07:55 AM

yes the offset clamps will help,i ran 23mm offset EMIG clamps on my 04 wr and on my 05 yz. the 04/05 yz clamps will work as long as you use your stem,one is longer than the other (can be pressed on/off at most any bike shop) the difference is amazing especially in the tight stuff. i know for 05 the wr frame dropped on the steering head about 1/2" and that was supposed to help turning because of the lower COG,like MTRA said,you may want to check your sag and run your fork tubes 5 mm up in the clamps first before spending all the $$.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.