Rekluse question

6 replies to this topic
  • Indiana

Posted October 19, 2006 - 12:26 PM

I ride an 03 YZ450f and am thinking of putting a Rekluse on. As I understand it. It only replaces the pressure plate. So should I replace the clutch plates while I'm at and doe it require that I use the Rekluse cover? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• YZRob

Posted October 20, 2006 - 06:17 PM

It does replace the pressure plate and some of the metal plates.(.055, stock is .045) I put mine in with the old friction plates that measured good. Rekluse will send you a very thick gasket so you don't need a new cover if you don't want to spend the extra money.
I race hare scrambles and absolutly love mine.

• sierra77

Posted October 23, 2006 - 02:38 AM

I have an 04' & I replaced the clutch plates & steels
along with adding the Rekluse. I got the GYTR Yamaha
clutch kit & everything came with it & it went together
pretty easy. After the installation all the measurements
were within range and it works perfectly! Measure your
clutch plates per the manual, if they're good it will save you
some $, or just change them out while you're in there. The
stock cover works with the supplied thick gasket, as
previously stated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted October 23, 2006 - 04:38 AM

Rekluse will send you a very thick gasket.

Actually they send you two gaskets that you install together. I thought it might cause a leak but I haven't lost a drop :mad:

• Indiana

Posted October 23, 2006 - 06:23 AM

Cool, It just wasn't apparent to me what needed to be done. So I assume you guys all really like the rekluse. I am so used to using the clutch that I'm reluctant to move ahead. I do have to admit after coming home from the last HS race with a bruised arch from the kickstart I really won't miss that. I still really like to ride mx tracks and from all I have read I really won't miss the clutch there either. Correct?

• Fastest1

Posted October 23, 2006 - 07:21 AM

In the few years I have been running mine I havent missed the lever more than 1-2 times at the most. They work great and you can run an override lever which gives some manual control. I dont run it though. Love it and their customer service is excellent!

• 642MX

Posted October 23, 2006 - 09:11 AM

Cool, It just wasn't apparent to me what needed to be done. So I assume you guys all really like the rekluse. I am so used to using the clutch that I'm reluctant to move ahead. I do have to admit after coming home from the last HS race with a bruised arch from the kickstart I really won't miss that. I still really like to ride mx tracks and from all I have read I really won't miss the clutch there either. Correct?

Of course, the Rekluse works great for MX. I ride a 50/50 mix of woods and MX with the Rekluse. I still have the clutch lever too. I don't think you will be disappointed in the auto clutch, the more you ride with it, the more you'll like it. :mad:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.