Mystery washer Help

10 replies to this topic
  • SVTCOBRA4U

Posted October 19, 2006 - 11:45 AM

Ok I have everything I need to uncork my 07 650L but I cant find a .020-.030 washer, I cked radio shacks , bike stores, any suggestions, Is there anything else I can do or do I have to find this washer to shim the needle, any alternatives? Im anxious to get this done and see the difference please help:banghead:

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 19, 2006 - 11:53 AM

Check out any good electronics shop they have these small washers you are looking for! I am pretty sure Rshack has them just have to look, most sales help couldnt find thier way to the front door to show up for work. J/K!!!!!
Bill

• ghoti

Posted October 19, 2006 - 12:11 PM

That's referencing thickness, but you knew that, right. Make sure the diameter fits flat inside the cavity.

• cleonard

Posted October 19, 2006 - 01:39 PM

I think you can use a washer that is sold by a company named Dubro. They sell hardware for RC models. Stop by a local hobby shop and they should carry them. I don't remember which one you need though.

• goblin127

Posted October 19, 2006 - 08:32 PM

Hobie shop is where you will find it. Good luck it's worth it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captb

Posted October 19, 2006 - 09:45 PM

If your in a hurry rip apart a old TV, VCR or Radio they have small washer selection in them, I find alot of usefull stuff in those for my RC Planes.

• Pounce

Posted October 20, 2006 - 01:00 AM

Anyone one with a lathe could make you one in less than 5 minutes.

• motomonte

Posted October 20, 2006 - 08:37 AM

Just go to a hardware store and ask for a #4 washer,they fit #4-40 screws (thats about 3/32" screw dia.).Beware of poor/rough stamping as some suppliers send crappy products.A guy here had the same prob.Make sure they are smooth around the edges.Good luck,ride safe...

• goblin127

Posted October 20, 2006 - 02:20 PM

This is true just take some emmery cloth and clean it up if you have to. Make sure you clean any grit off it before you put it in though,but you probably knew that.

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 20, 2006 - 02:37 PM

Yep, Hobby shops RC shops I have a few in mt tool kit for my RC's
Bill

• SVTCOBRA4U

Posted October 20, 2006 - 04:02 PM

found one thanks guys, home depot had a pack of brass washers that was perfect.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.