Weapon MX Gas tank foam

9 replies to this topic
  • Monster04

Posted October 18, 2006 - 11:17 PM

Has anyone used this stuff before

• kyle450rider

Posted October 18, 2006 - 11:29 PM

transworld is the first time i have ever seen it and it didn't sound that good to me.they said that when they took it out of the package that a bunch of foam crumbled off.I dont know about you but i wouldnt risk having that crap gunk up my carb!@Also to the peeps that know more about it..i thought foam conducted static electricity(sp)?I don't think that you would want that stuff in your gastank.It would also to some point displace fuel volume to you offroad guys.Not mucn but could be the reason you didn't finish that works series that you entered.that is my two cents....lets hear what other TT'ers have to say.

• mmbasa

Posted October 19, 2006 - 05:44 AM

Yes, it does work. I didn't think it would but got the chance to try it out. Felt a difference on the first lap. The stuff is aircraft grade fuel cell foam and is rated for something like 10yrs. You only lose 4% of fuel volume. All other motorsports use it, why wouldn't MX, and who's to say that the pros aren't using it, anyone look in their gas tanks lately.

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 19, 2006 - 05:46 AM

For Motocross its wonderful, Offroaders will have less fuel, so you cant go as far. The instructions tell you to ride your bike with half a tank of gas and install the foam and ride. IT WORKS. You CAN feel the difference, even if you cant tell when your lever position is right. Lap times show it, and video shows it. You can follow through ruts easier and come around berms without worrying about moving around. The Air Force and Navy use the EXACT same stuff in their planes. NHRA Drag cars use it in their fuel cells, and so do the Nascar teams. Even with basic physics behind it, it all makes sense.

• Monster04

Posted October 19, 2006 - 06:05 AM

Thanks guys. Read a heap of reviews on it today. Ive ordered it an its on the way

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper38

Posted October 19, 2006 - 06:24 AM

Who makes it and where do you get?

• Monster04

Posted October 19, 2006 - 06:27 AM

Its made by Weapon MX.
Try WWW.*************

• Ga426owner

Posted October 19, 2006 - 01:40 PM

ok so why can't we post URL's anymore?

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted October 19, 2006 - 01:52 PM

There are several people I know who swear by the stuff. Yes - I bet most of the pros are using it...

• grayracer513

Posted October 19, 2006 - 02:18 PM

ok so why can't we post URL's anymore?

You can post URL's all you like as far as I can tell, but when one shows up like the one above, it indicates that the admins have specifically blocked direct links to the site in question for one of a small number of reasons. The most common reason this happens is that the site has repeatedly spammed the forums in spite of direct requests not to do so.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.