Need Respone Fast! PLEASE Look!!!

11 replies to this topic
  • 2000 xr650r

Posted October 18, 2006 - 12:54 PM

A guy has a white brothers R4 system (not E2 with disks) for sale. Does anyone run the R4 system and do you like it as for power and quality build wise. Anyone that has experience with this pipe replay ASAP please!!!

• simon@vic

Posted October 18, 2006 - 01:02 PM

they are good. way better then stock!

• rebelventurer

Posted October 18, 2006 - 01:15 PM

I had an R4 on another bike was a good sysstem other than I could not get it apart when it was time to repack.
I reccomend xrsonly pipe its inexpensive compared to others and quality is first rate header design is awesome, easily comes apart is all stainless, a lot of others have stainless caps and aluminum can, as is the case with the R4 and the dissimilar metals corrode. Xrs only can be tuned to suit your needs, has a quiet core insert available, and closed course tips, uses a pillow for packing outlasts other loose packing. You can get it new from rideaide@hotmail.com for 15% less than xrs only sells it for. just send an email telling what you want, you can get part #'s at www.xrsonly.com. If I were looking for a pipe thats the one I would buy.
Slip on about $270, header about $150, Quiet core insert $25, closed course tips $25. NEW not used. These are rough qoute's email Kamell at address above, I would not buy in a rush unless its a $100, used mufflers and headers usually dont work out the way you want them too. I learned the hard way. If its not a full system I would not mess with it, White Bros. has a pretty good header. Good luck. Let us know what you decide!

• 2000 xr650r

Posted October 18, 2006 - 03:29 PM

Thanks i think i will get it. Currently i have a fmf powercore 4 with stock header. Will the power diffrence from the R4 system be a lot diffrent than my current? I assume better top end and less bottom end?

• willnevergrowup

Posted October 18, 2006 - 03:48 PM

PM me if you are gonna sell the FMF.

Thanks Elmer

• pburke

Posted October 18, 2006 - 04:16 PM

PM me if you are gonna sell the FMF.

Thanks Elmer

I think that'll blow your XR650R budget for the season :thumbsdn:

I do have the XRs Only exhaust tip for the stock system - nice and loud if you wanna try it. I never put the stock muffler on after the last owner told me it made a racket and didn't do anything for power.

:devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2000 xr650r

Posted October 18, 2006 - 04:36 PM

The R4 sytem was on ebay and i was outbid, the new system went for $255. My fmf is not great condition. The fmf uses a strap to hold it on and the rubber backing came off and the strap rubed into the can a little. No exhaust leak however. From what i can tell fmf is not high quality. I wish i bought that darn thing. The pro circuit T4 system is still on my wishlist but they are so expensive. $550 shiped off ebay

• InternalCombustion

Posted October 18, 2006 - 04:40 PM

No experience with the R4 on a 650R butI put an R4 on my wife's CRF230. For what its worth it was plug-n-play. Good build quality, good welds. It realy woke up her 230.

Nice sound too, imho.

White Bros is generally well respected.

• captb

Posted October 18, 2006 - 06:35 PM

Mines been fine a bit louder than I like but no other complaints.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted October 19, 2006 - 08:17 AM

Thanks i think i will get it. Currently i have a fmf powercore 4 with stock header. Will the power diffrence from the R4 system be a lot diffrent than my current? I assume better top end and less bottom end?

You won;t notice much difference but go for it anyway...

• Dezrider

Posted October 19, 2006 - 10:14 AM

I have the R4 slip-on. I bought it three years ago for about $150. Not much difference between that and the stock pipe with the HRC tip. It's loud!

[IMG]http://[IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6964/im004528ud3.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

• rebelventurer

Posted October 19, 2006 - 06:35 PM

Whatever you do put a whole system on, regarless of whos it is, the factory header does not flow the best.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.