Looking for pic of battery in airbox (WR426's)

10 replies to this topic
  • NuckingFuts

Posted October 18, 2006 - 08:24 AM

I can't believe that a battery will fit in the airbox w/o squashing the filter. I would love to see a pic of how someone mounted it.:devil:

• Birdy426

Posted October 18, 2006 - 11:19 AM

I'll try to post one up tonight

• NuckingFuts

Posted October 18, 2006 - 12:28 PM

Do appreciate it!

• NuckingFuts

Posted October 19, 2006 - 11:50 AM

Anyone?

• byggd

Posted October 19, 2006 - 06:37 PM

Anyone?

What battery are you trying to use? It's an 02 so no e-start. Why don't you use a BD or a TDS battery? They can mount almost anyplace.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted October 24, 2006 - 07:56 PM

Sorry it took so long to get it...been kinda busy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• nwbikerider

Posted October 25, 2006 - 09:37 AM

Probably looking to fit a battery to keep the lights on with the motor not running? Street legal? Mine has a batt. MUCH smaller than the one pictured. Doesn't impede with removing the filter. I'll try and post a pic later this evening.

• NuckingFuts

Posted November 01, 2006 - 08:04 PM

Birdy, that battery is tiny. Where did you get it? Ive looked at local auto shops and they dont have anything close to that small. The m/c shop down the street wants $50 for a battery that's about that size but twice as thick.

BTW, thanks for the pics.

• Birdy426

Posted November 01, 2006 - 09:06 PM

NuckingFuts-
Came from Frye's Electroics in beeeuuutiful downtown Burbank. cost about 9 bucks, if I remember right.

• Nashty

Posted November 02, 2006 - 09:00 AM

Go to a Batteries Plus or other battery specialty store. They stock small 12V sealed batteries. I mounted mine and all the electronics behind the WR number plate.

• Yama4Stroker

Posted November 02, 2006 - 09:26 AM

Check these guys out Gruber Batteries. They have good prices and a wide assortment of batteries. I contacted them for my sons power wheels jeep modifications. Get the most amp hours battery you can fit for a longer run time.

http://www.gruberpow...s/Allbatteries/

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.