Anybody got a 2007 WR yet

154 replies to this topic
  • Derwud

Posted December 28, 2006 - 02:23 PM

Wow, very cool... I'm jealous.. I had to beg for my bike...

• Dave Flanagan

Posted January 03, 2007 - 05:22 PM

Got mine at Champion Honda, Costa Mesa California last week for $7150 OTD, $350 more for 2 year warrentee. Wanted the CRF450X but it felt heaver and not as many bells and whistles.

Rode it at Octillo Wells, major dissapointment, only get half throttle on it from the factory. My '97 XR400 has more balls than this bike does stock. I set an appointment to get the hop up kit to get rid of the trottle stop and rejet it right. Getting a Scotts too, can't wait. Rode another guys 07 WR450, now I know what my bike will do, can't wait, raped ape! Next time I buy a new bike, I'm gonna ask about restrictors and stuff, had no idea, expected to pee my pants over the power after break in but was not impressed. Next time I'll have them go through it before I take it home.

Anyone have ideas on the bike for aftermarket or mods? I'll be looking in the groups to see, new member.

Brrrrup...:lol:

• steve lemley

Posted January 03, 2007 - 05:47 PM

Thats seems to be a great price OTD. Santa Clarita Motorsprts in Valencia wants $7199 plus $400 freight plus $380 handling plus tax. $8300 plus OTD &%$#@!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are taking advantage of not having any on the floor and working the waiting list guys.

• Dave Flanagan

Posted January 03, 2007 - 05:55 PM

Mission Motor Sprots in Irvine said they would match the deal but I did not want to haggle with it. They would not give me a price so I went to Champion and pulled the trigger. I got a Cycletrader, found LA Yamaha would sell it $7100 OTD and asked them to meet the price and they did.
Nice bike, can't wait to have the mods complete.

• yamaman1001

Posted January 04, 2007 - 10:07 PM

Picked mine up a couple of weeks ago for $6700.00 out the door. Tried to get it for less but that was it. Haven't rode it yet, waiting for my CTI brace before I will be able to ride it( no ACL or PCL) until the next surgery. Did all the conversions I could since I can't go in the dirt yet.
Grey wire
GYTR carb kit
AIS
White Brothers Alum Pro II pipe
Accelerator pump
Air box mod

The dif between stock and the mods was awsome.

Oh, sorry rode it in the parking lot just to tell the dif.

• atkinse

Posted January 06, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Got mine on the 18th of December and have done 450 km. Many mods and very happy.

GYTR pipe.
Racetech Suspension
AIS removal
Grey wire
Frame guards

Bike is GREAT/

• hcardenas

Posted January 08, 2007 - 04:50 PM

Picked mine up a couple of weeks ago for $6700.00 out the door. Tried to get it for less but that was it. Haven't rode it yet, waiting for my CTI brace before I will be able to ride it( no ACL or PCL) until the next surgery. Did all the conversions I could since I can't go in the dirt yet.
Grey wire
GYTR carb kit
AIS
White Brothers Alum Pro II pipe
Accelerator pump
Air box mod

The dif between stock and the mods was awsome.

Oh, sorry rode it in the parking lot just to tell the dif.

Hey Yamaman... did you have any trouble with the white brothers system? Whic one did you order? 2006 YZ? Please let me know. Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaman1001

Posted January 08, 2007 - 06:10 PM

I got the Aluminum Pro II full system for the 06 YZ45F and had no problems with installation. I talked to WB but they didn't know as of then but talked to another company and they said there pipe would fit so I took the chance and it fit perfectly. Somewhat loud by some peoples standards but good to me.

Will post pic's soon:thumbsup:

• OzMatt

Posted January 09, 2007 - 02:54 PM

:crazy:

My wife completely blind sided me with these totally awesome Christmas presents! :confused:

Posted Image

She's done a lot of street riding. Can't wait to see her out on the trails. :lol:

Rob

Beasly
Bummer dude, I'd hate it if my wife bought me a TTR and got herself a WR450:cry:

Just kiddin, she's a keeper.

I have to buy mine myself.:confused:

Matt

• matthewdcross

Posted January 09, 2007 - 05:33 PM

My wife completely blind sided me with these totally awesome Christmas presents! :confused:

Posted Image

She's done a lot of street riding. Can't wait to see her out on the trails. :lol:

Rob

Now thats a Good Wife...:confused:

Good Wife is an understatement to say the least!! NEVER let that one get away from you!!

Does she have a Sister? Oh wait I'm already married, never mind.

Where do you live in Ontario?

I'm not married! Does she have a sis?

• RSWR450F

Posted January 26, 2007 - 03:34 PM

WR450F 2007:

http://www.rsracing....YAMAHA_WR_2007/

Europe version.

RostaWR
www.rsracing.cz

• Merlin450

Posted January 26, 2007 - 05:04 PM

Thats seems to be a great price OTD. Santa Clarita Motorsprts in Valencia wants $7199 plus $400 freight plus $380 handling plus tax. $8300 plus OTD &%$#@!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are taking advantage of not having any on the floor and working the waiting list guys.

$6499 out the door no tax, prep or shipping fees either.

• CSS9961

Posted January 26, 2007 - 06:05 PM

Just got my 450 today. Not much use in taking pictures yet. It looks like everyone elses! I am glad that it has the gold forks instead of silver. Silver bars though. I have seen them both silver or both gold.(EDIT) Well, I guess I'm an idiot. Looking back at other USA bikes, it looks like they all have gold fork tubes and silver bars. I have that pic of the bike from Czech, and the bars are gold, and the photos I got from the Yamaha website a long time ago show silver forks. Whatever, I'm happy!

Those damn warning stickers on the fenders aren't going to come off without heat are they? :applause:

I sold an '02 Honda XR400 to get this bike.I modified that bike almost before I rode it, and never really felt the difference the mods made. I am going to ride this WR bone stock a few times, then open her up. Overall, I was more excited when I brought my new Honda home, but that was my first brand new dirtbike. I'm sure this Yammie will blow the doors off it once I do the free mods.

I'm gonna need taller bars, I think. I'm 6'4". I got Pro Taper risers and TAG Metals CR High bend bars for my XR, and I still had trouble standing up. I felt like I was gonna go over the bars all the time. Maybe it was just bad technique? Plus, since I am a Fatass, I need a heavier rear spring. Probably fronts too.:ride:

Anyway, I can't wait until I have a little extra cash to throw at this bike. As it is, I paid cash for it, so I'm happy not to have a payment. :ride:

My bike was within the VIN range of the faulty air box cage, but mine was shipped with the right piece from the factory, so that's one less thing to worry about.:ride:

• MarkCRF

Posted January 27, 2007 - 10:02 AM

I picked my new bike up from the dealer over a week ago and took it for a ride up the back on some vacant land.
Boy was I disappointed. :ride: Coming off a CRF450R onto this was a big let down in the power department. But I'd heard about these free mods and next day I set to, to open it up and extract more horsepower.
I removed the grey wire and the AIS. The dealer had already rejetted it, opened up the airbox and remove the baffle in the exhaust, I checked the throttle opening and it looked O.K, no need to cut down the throttle stop screw. I took it for another ride. That's more like it. Still not the same brute power of the CRF, instead it is a very consistent strong accelerating type of power with plenty of low down torque. I noticed it was far easier to turn, even tho it doesn't have as good a lock as the CRF.
I had to wait another week before I could get it out and break it in. Before I went out to the beach I changed the oil for a non synthetic oil.
On the beach and did 4 x 2km runs at 50% throttle, then 2 x 2km runs at 75% throttle and lastly 4 x 2km runs a full throttle. It'll do 150km/h full noise.
Back to the car to change the oil to a synthetic and replace the oil filter, breakin complete.

The first real ride in the forest just off the beach left me with arm pump, so we stopped for 10 minutes to recover. The next section of the forest was possibly the best and fastest riding I have ever done. The bike turns and tracks so well, it floats over roots and trail debris like it wasn't even there. Next we found some steep sand dunes and we were spinning the bikes around up the top of the sand dunes. The other guys couldn't believe how this bike could turn so sharp. It feels so controllable compared to the CRF and there is plenty of power to get up the dunes.
I had to leave early so headed by along the beach to the car once again testing the top speed.

After my early reservations about the bike I am now convinced it has been a good purchase. :ride: :applause: :ride: Next ride is in a couple of days with the crew, its a public holiday. One of the other guys has brought one of these bikes also.

• Island Boy

Posted January 31, 2007 - 09:20 AM

Landed in the Bahamas on Monday, installed Dr. D exhaust, free mods will be done on the weekend.:ride:

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.