Anybody got a 2007 WR yet

154 replies to this topic
  • eagleno49

Posted December 19, 2006 - 03:06 PM

I'm jealous. I won't be able to get mine until the end of march.

• Dual Fives

Posted December 19, 2006 - 08:21 PM

Now all I want is a damn exhaust and header but I don't see much advertised for the 2007 version.

Anybody know of a good exhaust system that will fit this bike???

I picked mine (2007 WR450) up about 2 weeks ago and it is SWEET! The choked up part sucks, though. I am in the process of doing the AIS Removal and adding the larger pilot jet, adjustable air/fuel screw, and adjustable needle. I uncorked the stock exhaust a bit by drilling out the small baffle.

I am battling a "off idle bog" that I have had since the bike was new. I have only added the YZ throttle stop and the bog happens just off idle. You start to accelerate, it bogs, then wham, it goes like stink. I am hoping the AIS Removal with larger pilot will help the bog.

I have an FMF Slip on on order and hope to have it by Christmas, but they were on backorder/not in production. It needs a pipe, BADLY.

I would post pictures, but I need to read the FAQ in order to learn how.

• dangermouse007

Posted December 20, 2006 - 03:49 AM

????!!!!!??!!?!??!??!

"9R117 :Am I the first in the uk?" err yeah

What Dealer did you get yours from... I am still waiting for mine....when did you get it.... !"?!?!?!?!???

• 9R117

Posted December 20, 2006 - 05:41 AM

Got it from Bikesport in Newcastle yesterday.

• dangermouse007

Posted December 20, 2006 - 06:26 AM

9R117....

you lucky lucky lucky boy... I was told 2nd week of Jan so i will assume now it will be quicker.... yipee... shame i'm out of the country till Jan Now ... :thumbsup:

just ordered a FMF for it....funny enough that has arrived...told the dealer to keep hold of it...

• rjboschjr

Posted December 20, 2006 - 01:00 PM

:devil: Just picked my wr 450 up, wayhey.

Am I the first in the uk?

Got some pics but dont know how to post em.:thumbsup:

Take it easy

Hey 9R117, is this your 1st wr: the reason I'm asking is the their is another thread posted I think earlier... asking if the new wr fender will fit the 05 wr
450, I used to have an 05 wr450 and do like the new look of the new fender.
Just curious.

Congrats on the new WR

• 9R117

Posted December 20, 2006 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, its my first WR.

Dont know if the fender will fit, sorry.

Are you supposed to get a toolkit or spares kit with the bike? All I got was a manual, some jets, plug spanner and a spark plug key. I know you get a spares kit with CRF's and RMZ mx bikes, is it a Yamaha thing or is it just because its an enduro bike.?

Take it easy
9R117

• arizonachef

Posted December 20, 2006 - 04:17 PM

yeah thats all you get with the bike. I am taking my bike out for about an 80 mile ride day after x mas.

• dangermouse007

Posted December 21, 2006 - 12:15 AM

What about the throttle stop... did you get a throttle stop screw in the kit ... or did it come with full throttle movement... ????

• 9R117

Posted December 21, 2006 - 02:26 AM

The mechanic in the shop must have cut the throttle screw down. He also removed the baffle from the exhaust but didnt re-jet the carb, I had to do that yesterday.
I was going to leave it restricted until I got the AIS removalkit with the proper screw for the throttle stop.

Take it easy
9R117

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dangermouse007

Posted December 21, 2006 - 03:11 AM

Just spoke to my dealer and the screw comes in the kit....but he will fully
deristrict my bike for me, but not the carb as I want to do that... oh and all FOC... what a good man...

• corradok525

Posted December 21, 2006 - 08:14 AM

hallo guys

I will take mine in few days in Italy. ( apologize for my english )

JUST a few questions about jetting:

stock is a main 162, in the kit they give a 175.. ( in the manual chart 162 is supposed to be lean )

What are you riding ?

Thanks

Corrado

• Randy Nilles

Posted December 23, 2006 - 04:50 PM

Here is mine in Washington. Few mods done, fuel/air screw added:thumbsup: . Waiting for snow to melt enouph to ride:ride:
Posted Image

• ffgman

Posted December 24, 2006 - 04:21 AM

To the bro in Italy. Look on the posts in here, they will get you in the ballpark for jetting. A 175 main jet is way too rich. If you have the mods done-gray wire cut, air box opened, throttle stop replaced with wz throttle stop or 12mm cut off and small baffle removed out of muff. You should be pretty close.In the states they have 165 main and 45 pilot jet, which is pretty close. If you go to a better exhaust try some of the jetting in the wr modifications on this web site. good luck and have fun.

• corradok525

Posted December 25, 2006 - 07:17 PM

many thanks guy . in a week I will try mine in the woods and I'll tell you.

happy new year

corrado

• johnnyjeep

Posted December 25, 2006 - 07:25 PM

as much as I want to not like that bike(major redo the year after i bought the 06), that bike looks good. good luck with it

• beasly

Posted December 28, 2006 - 01:32 PM

My wife completely blind sided me with these totally awesome Christmas presents! :confused:

Posted Image

She's done a lot of street riding. Can't wait to see her out on the trails. :lol:

Rob

• jetfuel

Posted December 28, 2006 - 01:49 PM

My wife completely blind sided me with these totally awesome Christmas presents! :confused:

Posted Image

She's done a lot of street riding. Can't wait to see her out on the trails. :lol:

Rob

Now thats a Good Wife...:confused:

• Derwud

Posted December 28, 2006 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image

Rob

Does she have a Sister? Oh wait I'm already married, never mind.

Where do you live in Ontario?

• beasly

Posted December 28, 2006 - 02:07 PM

Does she have a Sister? Oh wait I'm already married, never mind.

Where do you live in Ontario?

Not far from Ottawa. It's been real mild this year. But things look back to normal, it's 20F with snow at the moment. That picture was taken by my folks when they were sneaking them into the house, Christmas eve I think. They had them hidden in a spare room all covered up to mask the new bike smell. My wife even re-caulked the bathroom tub in the room next door because she was worried I'd smell them.

She doesn't miss a trick. :lol:

Rob

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.