Anybody got a 2007 WR yet

154 replies to this topic
  • Derwud

Posted December 06, 2006 - 07:14 AM

I should have my WR this Saturday and ready for a ride on Sunday.

• cnacc

Posted December 06, 2006 - 08:41 AM

Yeah I will be breaking in my new 07 wr450 today. I just finished opening up the air box and I am going to cut the throttle screw shortly. Anyone know what leingth it need to be? And ate there any other free mods to be done. I can't wait to go ride this thing it i sso different than my 2001 426.

• Chooch68

Posted December 06, 2006 - 05:49 PM

Well heres my $.02. Bang, right off the get-go! This things rips next to my '03Wr450. It feels more like a MXr without the uncontrollable power. Its still a handful cranking it wide open(just for a second:) ) It turns a lot better. The brakes arent mushy but the rear brake is touchy. I dont like the stock levers. The front suspension right out of the dealer is way too stiff. I didnt want to stop and fiddle with the clickers.:D The only thing I've done to it is the throttle stop and removed the exhaust baffle. All in all, I couldnt be more happy!:worthy:

• Randy Nilles

Posted December 06, 2006 - 08:21 PM

I got mine today:p Its AWESOME!!!! I cant wait to get out and ride. I will have to wait for the snow to melt or head south a couple hours. From everything I am reading on here , it should be a fun bike. I would attach pics but dont know how. I did change my avatar for proof:banana: :worthy: :D

• Turkka

Posted December 06, 2006 - 11:29 PM

Hello from Finland. Can anyone tell me what is this AIS and throttle stop?
I think our WR models does not have these things?
You guys are so lucky if you have get the new WR. I have heard that WR´s are limited to north of europe. Maybe get mine in Jan-Feb?

• Seabass

Posted December 07, 2006 - 03:00 PM

Hello from Finland. Can anyone tell me what is this AIS and throttle stop?
I think our WR models does not have these things?
You guys are so lucky if you have get the new WR. I have heard that WR´s are limited to north of europe. Maybe get mine in Jan-Feb?

AIS is basically "smog equipment" for a dirt bike. The throttle stop stops the throttle from opening too far. On models here in the states the throttle stop is a few cm's longer than a YZ throttle stop. You can't crack the throttle all the way open on a new WR, you can only open it about 3/4 open. Both of the items, among others, are done so the WR can pass government restrictions on clean air emissions. It's kind of a joke, since the first thing anyone does is remove them.

• Turkka

Posted December 07, 2006 - 11:57 PM

AIS is basically "smog equipment" for a dirt bike. The throttle stop stops the throttle from opening too far. On models here in the states the throttle stop is a few cm's longer than a YZ throttle stop. You can't crack the throttle all the way open on a new WR, you can only open it about 3/4 open. Both of the items, among others, are done so the WR can pass government restrictions on clean air emissions. It's kind of a joke, since the first thing anyone does is remove them.

Okay, thanks for aswer. Our models does not have those things. They are more like ready to race.

• Derwud

Posted December 08, 2006 - 05:34 AM

I got to sit on my new bike last night, dealer is preping and getting my parts together for pick up Saturday....

• msgbean

Posted December 08, 2006 - 08:18 AM

Got mine yesterday afternoon. Did all the mods. I posted pictures in the following thread.

http://www.thumperta...t=439173&page=2

• msgbean

Posted December 08, 2006 - 11:16 AM

One nice thing I noticed is that the breather tube now runs to the air box instead of down the frame. One less mod to do for the riders who love water.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted December 08, 2006 - 11:24 AM

One nice thing I noticed is that the breather tube now runs to the air box instead of down the frame. One less mod to do for the riders who love water.

That was originally included in the '05/'06. Just a little FYI...SC

• MountainMax

Posted December 09, 2006 - 10:59 AM

how do you find the new headlight? i read it's only at 35 watts now instead of 60 like it use to be? and don't be afraid to post lots of pics.........

• msgbean

Posted December 09, 2006 - 01:04 PM

The 07 is 35 watt. I honestly don't know what was in the 03 I had.

• msgbean

Posted December 09, 2006 - 01:48 PM

I just got back from my first real ride. Compared to my 03 it really feels light and nimble and turns so much better. I ride agressive so I put gold valves in my 03 to keep it from bottoming. I see no reason to do that with the 07. The ride was plush yet never bottomed. It handled the whoops and G outs and soaked up rocks with no problem. I love it.:worthy:

• julian808

Posted December 10, 2006 - 12:52 AM

I picked up my new 2007 WR450F just this last week and I've been itching to ride. I hopped on it and rode it around a little and noticed how choked up it was...I hear so many talking about this but I didn't think it would be that bad...it was

Anyhoooo, my buddy did all the removals except for the AIS removal and the thing runs like a champ. Removed the airbox top, changed the jets, changed throttle stop to a YZ throttle stop, changed carb needle.

Now all I want is a damn exhaust and header but I don't see much advertised for the 2007 version.

Anybody know of a good exhaust system that will fit this bike???

• warlock50

Posted December 10, 2006 - 01:53 AM

Anybody know of a good exhaust system that will fit this bike???

Heres the only one i can find atm.

http://www.yamaha-mo...0/0/detail.aspx

• Derwud

Posted December 10, 2006 - 07:43 AM

Here is my '07 straight from the dealer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• warlock50

Posted December 18, 2006 - 12:41 PM

Our aussie bikes got relaesed on monday.I will have mine in on tuesday.

• Looks450

Posted December 18, 2006 - 01:02 PM

Warlock.

Have they given you a price yet?

I am dying to know what mine will cost

• 9R117

Posted December 19, 2006 - 07:22 AM

:devil: Just picked my wr 450 up, wayhey.

Am I the first in the uk?

Got some pics but dont know how to post em.:thumbsup:

Take it easy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.