• arizonachef

Posted November 26, 2006 - 09:30 PM

Picking it up tomorrow ready to break in and do some mods

• arizonachef

Posted November 26, 2006 - 09:31 PM

what exactly does the ais kit do and where do you get one

• Rocky Trail

Posted November 27, 2006 - 09:15 PM

just picked up an AIS kit for my 07 wr450....it does have an AIS system on it and the directions included show different pics for the 07 mods vs the 05 an 06 mods....I have not installed the kit yet.....mainly because the bike is still being assembled by the dealer.....

Hey Greg,

Do you have a part number for that kit? My cousin just bought an 07 and the dealer sold him the 05 06 kit. It definitely isn't right.

Thanks in advance!

• warlock50

Posted November 29, 2006 - 02:35 AM

Where are the pics of ya new flash 2007 WRs people????????????????

• MSHAM

Posted November 29, 2006 - 07:44 AM

Where are the pics of ya new flash 2007 WRs people????????????????

Did you guy's sell your cameras to pay for the bikes?:worthy:

• Humunn

Posted November 29, 2006 - 11:03 AM

The WR is "in the building" so I am told.
Just ordered a list of mods to be done during the setup. Was going to do most of them myself but decided to bite the bullet and Git R Done.

Mesh oil filter
Brake snake
Grip heaters
Fastway handguards w/damper mount
Scotts damper
AIS kit/jet/graywire/airbox mod
Boysen quick shot
Promoto Billet exhaust mod
Renthal grips
Seal savers

Later I'll add an oversized fuel tank, HD tubes & slime, and a dual sport kit.

• MSHAM

Posted November 29, 2006 - 12:42 PM

Later I'll add an oversized fuel tank, HD tubes & slime, and a dual sport kit.[/QUOTE]

Search this forum before buying your dual sport. I've posted my comments there!

• Humunn

Posted November 29, 2006 - 12:54 PM

[quote name='MSHAM']Later I'll add an oversized fuel tank, HD tubes & slime, and a dual sport kit.[/QUOTE]

Search this forum before buying your dual sport. I've posted my comments there![/QUOTE]
Yes, I'll do that. Lots of opinions certainly. I'll also look at piecing one together in addition to the kits on the market.

• velosapiens

Posted November 29, 2006 - 03:05 PM

Jetting the '07 sounds like a blast.:worthy:

in all fairness, i have to pull the subframe on my 250sx (2stroke) to change main or pilot jets. supposedly other people have been able to leave the carb in the bike, but i guess i'm retarded. at any rate, it only takes a couple minutes, so as long as someone else does the hardwork and posts some jetting specs that work, it wouldn't bother me if simply pulling the seat, tank and subframe would let me get to the carb easily.

when i got my husaberg, i spent an afternoon on jetting and probably pulled the carb 10 times to get to the air bleed screw (under the intake boot). even that wasn't too bad since i only had to do it once.

i'm still waiting to hear how the 07 handles compares to 05-06 bikes....

• splitpunk

Posted November 29, 2006 - 08:34 PM

I pulled the plastics the gas tank and I just might be able to get to the throttle stop screw. I thought last years wr250 was a bitch oh well the wifes bike is done, now I just need to teach me 7 year old to get to the carb on the 07 wr 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 29, 2006 - 11:45 PM

I pulled the plastics the gas tank and I just might be able to get to the throttle stop screw. I thought last years wr250 was a bitch oh well the wifes bike is done, now I just need to teach me 7 year old to get to the carb on the 07 wr 450.

Pics please. No more talk, discussion or questions about the 07 until you can share a pic.:worthy: :D

• MSHAM

Posted November 30, 2006 - 07:10 AM

Pics please. No more talk, discussion or questions about the 07 until you can share a pic.:D :bonk:

I second That!http://www.thumperta...s/professor.gif
:prof::worthy:

• msgbean

Posted November 30, 2006 - 07:20 AM

Why is everyone so ate up about seeing pictures. They won't be any different than the ones you see at Yamaha's website or anywhere else. At least not unlil people start modifiying them.

• TWILES

Posted November 30, 2006 - 10:11 AM

There is a 250 where my wife works and they won't put it together.

• Seabass

Posted November 30, 2006 - 08:23 PM

Why is everyone so ate up about seeing pictures. They won't be any different than the ones you see at Yamaha's website or anywhere else. At least not unlil people start modifiying them.

That's what we're asking for!! Some guys talking 'bout pulling his brand spankin' new WR apart.... but no pics?? I don't recall Yamaha's webpage showing the new WR all torn apart in some regular Joe's garage. Let the dismantling and picture taking begin!!

• pkcof

Posted November 30, 2006 - 11:39 PM

yeah, you would think that they'd be stoked to be the first with a pic here ... either that or they're bullsh:ting !!
my money is on the latter ...

• dangermouse007

Posted December 01, 2006 - 02:21 AM

msgbean: have a coke and a smile, if your not interested, then don't look...we all know what a women looks like, but yet we still want to see pictures... ta-dah:banghead:

Mine coming Next week fingers crossed

• msgbean

Posted December 01, 2006 - 06:55 AM

msgbean: have a coke and a smile, if your not interested, then don't look...we all know what a women looks like, but yet we still want to see pictures... ta-dah:banghead:

Mine coming Next week fingers crossed

I have to admit you are right about that.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted December 01, 2006 - 07:33 AM

msgbean: have a coke and a smile...

:worthy: :D :prof: :bonk: :cry:

• arizonachef

Posted December 01, 2006 - 08:26 AM

i too have an 2006 ais kit but have not attempted the install yet no one knows for sure if it is the same or not

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.