Anybody got a 2007 WR yet

154 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted October 18, 2006 - 05:26 AM

Hi peeps,

Anybody got an 07 WR yet or have any idea when these puppies are coming.. Mine is on order in the UK.. but dealer say between Nov and Jan...

• Island Boy

Posted October 18, 2006 - 07:16 AM

Mine is on order in the Bahamas, November production, here in early January...

• Chasejj

Posted October 18, 2006 - 07:33 AM

Mine is on order in California(San Jose Yamaha) They got some WR250's in yesterday, but no 450's for a month maybe.:devil:

• JRAMBO

Posted October 18, 2006 - 07:33 AM

Its the same delivery date we have here in Calif.too.Can't wait to see these bad boys.I here they are only 3 LBS lighter than last year is this true.

• RSAthump

Posted October 18, 2006 - 10:07 AM

Hi Guys, Im new... Waiting for the 2007 here in South Africa, the dealers here cant give me a date.. very anxious cause, I looked at an immaculate 05 with 200 kms on the clock, for a good price. Can't make up my mind

• Chasejj

Posted October 18, 2006 - 10:13 AM

Its the same delivery date we have here in Calif.too.Can't wait to see these bad boys.I here they are only 3 LBS lighter than last year is this true.

Look at last years big Dirt Rider Comparison where the KTM570 won. All the open class four strokes were within a few pounds(3-6) of each other.
Bottom line is a four stroke off road bike is just plain heavy with estart and protection. I am rethinking all this potective crap these days anyway.
I will omit rotor guards,I hear the WR's get their own rad braces this year.I will run the stock or 2 piece carbon skid protection..
Maybe you save a few pounds with an Akrapovic pipe. you could save a few pounds using tire balls or standard tubes and a 110 rear tire rather than a 120.
That is about it.

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 18, 2006 - 11:13 AM

Mine is on order in California(San Jose Yamaha) They got some WR250's in yesterday, but no 450's for a month maybe.:devil:

The 450s are supposed to be in first week of November. Im going to see one as soon as it hits the showroom floor because thats one of the bikes I'm considering for a potential purchase in july/07. I've ridden an uncorked 06 and thought it was excellent (pretty much anything faster than my TT-R is) so with the new frame carrying the weight lower and cams tuned for more low end grunt I'm expecting great things from the new WR 450f

• Pincushion

Posted October 18, 2006 - 02:56 PM

Its the way the bike carries its wieght that matters and the new ones are 'supposed' to feel 20 lbs lighter. just like when the YZ's got the AL frames.

• dominic888

Posted October 18, 2006 - 03:52 PM

I saw the 2007 WR250F at Chaparral last Sunday looks real nice. I am also waiting for the WR450F. Saw an Ad on Cycle Trader, Honda East in Ohio is selling 2007 WR450F for $6299.00:ride:

• Looks450

Posted October 20, 2006 - 04:39 PM

I was drewling over the 07 WR450 last weekend at a trade display. They look twenty times better in real life than in the pictures. My dealer told me that he could expect to see them in the shop early DEC. But once out wr's come to the country they all go to a big factoy in Melbourne and get copmplience plated so that we can register them off the show room floor. The foot pegs are huge, the airbox access is better than last year. the weird thing i thought is that the rear coolant reseviour is half the size, but where the front half would usually be, there is a cavity built inot the rear guard and seems to hold electrics. The bend on the bars is aggressive but i think i will still need to raise them some.
Cheers
looks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Triumphs

Posted October 21, 2006 - 08:34 PM

Haven't seen one "in the flesh" yet but from those who have, I understand it looks even better then the pics. Can't wait...I've got mine reserved.

• Fullbore4

Posted October 21, 2006 - 10:14 PM

I'm really curious as to how the stock 07's will be plugged up compared to 06's and what "free mods" will benefit the 07's......does anyone know yet?

• Randy Nilles

Posted November 01, 2006 - 11:17 AM

Here in Washington, they are saying none until Late November or early December.

I too cant wait until they are out. I have money down on the first one that comes in.:mad:

• Chasejj

Posted November 01, 2006 - 06:35 PM

My dealer says they are in Long Beach Harbor customs and they might see some next week here in Norcal. I hope so. I got races to do.

• TWILES

Posted November 06, 2006 - 04:09 PM

My wife works at a dealership here in Kentucky and she said they were supposed to have a 450 " I think " this month. I'm looking forward to seeing one. It looks like the AIS in done different but the super quiet tip in the muffler is still there from the pictures I've seen. I thought I would have to have one but I think I'm waiting for the 2008 YZ. Aside from a couple of white places on the radiator shrouds and paint off the frame, mine would almost pass for new. It'll make it another year.

• ISBB

Posted November 06, 2006 - 07:55 PM

My dealer says they are in Long Beach Harbor customs and they might see some next week here in Norcal. I hope so. I got races to do.

I want to hear the ride report on your first race as well as the other mods that are going on it when you get it.. :mad:

• Chasejj

Posted November 07, 2006 - 05:38 AM

I want to hear the ride report on your first race as well as the other mods that are going on it when you get it.. :mad:

Well....a Revloc and LHRB is coming, Zipty wheel spacers/axle blocks/etc. uScotts UBM mount and Flexx bars, Pivot Pegz and GUts Tall seat. I won't even ride it until the forks and shock come back from Enzo Racing. The free mods, AIS, JD Jets and Red Beard mod, Power Now/and Plus. All of this before I even ride it!

• clark4131

Posted November 07, 2006 - 06:16 AM

What's a Red Beard Mod?...SC

• turbojedi

Posted November 07, 2006 - 06:37 AM

I have wr250 in my garage in AZ

• Chasejj

Posted November 07, 2006 - 08:34 AM

What's a Red Beard Mod?...SC

"Red Beard" maybe my terminology is off. Anyway it is the JD version of the accelerator pump mod using a new diaphgram and setting the clearance and using an oring to fasten the linkage to the adj. screw. All in an attempt to eliminate the off idle hesitation or bog. I find it critical when using the auto clutch to to be carbureted to within a gnats ass.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.