Finally found a use for my stock front tire

6 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted October 17, 2006 - 08:59 PM

It's true, the stock front tire off my 06 is NOT completely useless! I found out today that it makes a handy "workstation" for breaking down the front tire to check the tube for leaks. Hey, at least it's good for something!

• RCannon

Posted October 18, 2006 - 03:59 AM

Did it still slide all over your garage floor when using it?

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted October 18, 2006 - 05:17 AM

Also good for keeping your cooler from sliding around in the back of your truck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 18, 2006 - 08:04 AM

I thought it would be useful to keep things from rubbing against the bike when the truck is crammed full of stuff, but it kept leaving black marks on my tank.

• Milhaus

Posted October 18, 2006 - 01:35 PM

It's true, the stock front tire off my 06 is NOT completely useless! I found out today that it makes a handy "workstation" for breaking down the front tire to check the tube for leaks. Hey, at least it's good for something!

What did you replace it with, if you don't mind me asking?

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted October 18, 2006 - 07:20 PM

Sweet news, now I can sell mine on Ebay!

• cowboyona426

Posted October 18, 2006 - 08:06 PM

Did it still slide all over your garage floor when using it?

That comment had me ROTFLMAO :devil: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Milhaus- I put a Maxxis MaxxCross SI on it, and so far (only one ride) I'm not thoroughly impressed with it... until I get a chance to ride again (I had an issue with a mysterious air leak) I can't give it a fair judgement though.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.