Dipstick Temp Guage

7 replies to this topic
  • SVTCOBRA4U

Posted October 17, 2006 - 07:19 PM

Anyone know where to get a dipstick oil temp guage for my L, Baja Designs said they quit carrying them

• Boston Mangler

Posted October 17, 2006 - 07:38 PM

www.xrsonly.com

some people like em, some claim they dont work

they seem like a great idea and i want one! :devil:

• Mojave Monster

Posted October 17, 2006 - 08:23 PM

XR's only has them... they've changed them a bit but both designs are easily calibrated. (It will come with instructions). I find it invaluable here in the desert. (With the high temp radiator cap, XR's have them too)

• goblin127

Posted October 18, 2006 - 05:12 AM

Mine still works after two years. I never calibrated it from when it was new,but it still nice to see the fluctuations. I could live with out it if it were to break.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted October 18, 2006 - 05:25 AM

Try this guy just send him an email telling him what you want, beats xrsonly prices, Go to www.xrsonly.com pick your parts, colors etc... then email rideaide@hotmail.com with part #, description, color, etc...
I have bought lots from him and am very satisfied. :devil:

• babbs

Posted October 18, 2006 - 12:07 PM

I have one still in the package I am willing to part with. I ordered it for my R after I sold my L, but they are the same, so I am using the old one from my L in my R. I called XR's only to ask why the part number was different, and they said the painted on "full" mark was painted at a different level. (the paint comes off so fast you'll never even notice).

Let me know if you are interested, it is anodized red, and still in the shrink wrap.

Babbs

• jaybert600

Posted October 20, 2006 - 08:21 AM

I have one on my XR650R. The only problem was that it would'nt fit after the steering dampener was installed, which was fixed by machining the dipstick smaller.

• bikepilot1

Posted October 20, 2006 - 09:10 AM

I got my dad one from SRC, works great (I've since ridden his bike with the sensor), surprisingly easy to read while riding.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.