Trail map for Baja?

8 replies to this topic
  • WRDad

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hey all you Baja riders! Can anyone tell me if there is a map available of trails/areas open to riding in northern Baja? We'll be going down to watch the 1000 and would like to do some riding while there. It sounds like there is lots of riding, but I'd like to see a map and know for sure where we're going. We'll be mostly in between Ensenada and San Felipe, probably based around Ojos Negros as was suggested earlier on the forum.
Also, can anyone recommend a tour company or guide to set up a ride with for either the week of the race or possibly later this winter.
Thanks!

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:39 PM

I like the Baja Almanac, but they seem to be hard to find lately, maybe it is being revised. Actually the AAA Baja map is also not bad for the major dirt roads and lists mileage and gas stations (although some stations listed have been closed for years). The Lizard Lady's GPS guide is also supposed to be very good if you're a GPS'er.

• theduece

Posted October 17, 2006 - 07:18 PM

from what I have heard baja almanac is the one to get if you find it please let me know where. AAA is your next best bet. they also have a few travel books not bad on letting you know where to camp. from my experience it is open unless marked this is usually on private land. just be respectful and you should be ok most places. if you are riding and come across an open cattle gate just close it behind you if it wont close just try and rig it closed.That has been the single biggest complaint I have heard [leaving the gates open then the rancher has to go chase his cows]

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted October 18, 2006 - 02:01 AM

1 - Baja Almanac (North and South or California and tri-fold CA Peninsula)
2 - AAA maps
3 - Use a GPS loaded with LBMAPS.com (can't go wrong!)

For Baja Almanac contact;
http://www.Baja-Almanac.com
Baja Almanac Publishing
5130 E. Charleston Blvd #5-52
Las Vegas, NV, 89142-1003

However this is the news for option 1;
We have sold out of all maps and map books.
If you would like to be notified when we publish the new edition, please send an email to our mailing list with the word subscribe in the title of the email. We are unsure when our next edition will be published. Please watch this spot for more information.

• Weeeeee

Posted October 19, 2006 - 03:41 PM

However this is the news for option 1;
We have sold out of all maps and map books.
If you would like to be notified when we publish the new edition, please send an email to our mailing list with the word subscribe in the title of the email. We are unsure when our next edition will be published. Please watch this spot for more information.

I wonder how much my Baja Almanac is worth now? :devil:

• soylent_green

Posted April 27, 2007 - 07:46 PM

Bringing this old thread back to life -
I was at The Surf Hut in Imperial Beach this afternoon - they had 5 copies of the Baja Almanac. New print must be out.

If you are heading to Mexico via San Ysidro, might be a good time to swing by IB and pick up a coveted copy.

• AZ45

Posted April 28, 2007 - 05:47 AM

Funny...I've had the book and have never used it in all the times I've been down there.
Now that it's rare, I'll be afraid to use it!

I wonder how many changes are in the new book ?

• mikekay

Posted April 28, 2007 - 11:25 PM

Lizardlady sells GPS routes throughout baja, including all the major routes in areas like Ojos, Mikes, Felipe, Tecate, etc.

• Trogdor

Posted April 29, 2007 - 07:39 AM

Lizardlady sells GPS routes throughout baja, including all the major routes in areas like Ojos, Mikes, Felipe, Tecate, etc.

The lizardlady has the best gps data for baja period. I wish I had the time to ride all those trails and map them out myself!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.