So, out of all the years of the 650L, what is your.............

19 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 01:30 PM

................favorite year as far as graphics and (not that you have a lot of choices) color?

Mine is with out a doubt, no question in my mind, the 97. I think it has the best graphics of any year for sure and I love the color white.

Yep, if I would get an L, a 97 it would be for sure. The other white ones with purple (PURPLE, what were they thinking???) or blue on just don't do a thing for me.

http://w1.bikepics.c...275360-full.jpg

Now Honda goes the other direction and puts the most boring graphics on (L or R or CRF's) that I have ever seen.

• Ferdinand

Posted October 17, 2006 - 03:34 PM

I agree 97:thumbsup: , except I prefer mine, my 02, I got all white plastic with black seat and black tool bag no graphics, just the way I like it.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 17, 2006 - 03:41 PM

Yep, that looks good compared to todays version, is it me or does the rear fender look like its a bit higher, not as much droop?

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 04:10 PM

Yep, that looks good compared to todays version, is it me or does the rear fender look like its a bit higher, not as much droop?

A bit higher, not as much droop, as compared to what, the Red ones? If it isn't as much, I like it better that way.

Man that would look good aside of my (garage) CRF :devil:

Yea, todays version is nice but the graphics just flow better on this one. It has a raceier look to it.

:thumbsdn: :excuseme: :thumbsdn: Hey, where the heck :cry: did my garage go ??? :cry: Someone stold my garage !!!! :cry:

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 04:11 PM

I agree 97:thumbsup: , except I prefer mine, my 02, I got all white plastic with black seat and black tool bag no graphics, just the way I like it.

Well don't be shy, lets see it and compare!

• rebelventurer

Posted October 17, 2006 - 04:46 PM

Fender droop compared to the new red ones, mines an 04 and I could swear the rear fender is lower at the rear lip, &%$#@! my garage is gone too, its gone in sixty seconds all over again, cept with bikes, Eleanor where are you?

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 04:50 PM

Fender droop compared to the new red ones, mines an 04 and I could swear the rear fender is lower at the rear lip, &%$#@! my garage is gone too, its gone in sixty seconds all over again, cept with bikes, Eleanor where are you?

:devil: Will our garages most likely come back on their own? Are the TT moderators dicking around with us or what?

Who is Eleanor?

Since when did Permalink appear in the upper R? What's that mean?

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 04:54 PM

If so, which way do you like it more? Pic of yours for comparison sake?

• AlbinoPig

Posted October 17, 2006 - 04:58 PM

I think Honda got it right the first time. I like the '93 enough that I am thinking about buying another one for a spare. :devil:

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=25318

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:03 PM

I think Honda got it right the first time. I like the '93 enough that I am thinking about buying another one for a spare. :excuseme:

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=25318

Yea, that looks pretty dawg gone sweet too buddy! :devil: I like em both but still favor the 97 by just a smidgen or two, it matches my CRF much better too but yea, if a primo 93 came along that was really nice, I'd give it serious thought. Thanks for posting that one :thumbsdn:

Yoe rebelvenurer, this pic looks even WORSE !! It looks like he has :thumbsdn: 18" of travel!!

http://w1.bikepics.c...275362-full.jpg

What in tarnation is going on Elie May?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:09 PM

Dont know whether our garages will come back or how to put a link to my bike up here:banghead: eleanor was the badass 67 mustang in gone in 60 seconds, I was caalling her see if she showed up, no luck yet.
I like the 97 rear fender better not as much droop as the new millenium bikes. Hey I think I saw one on ebay tonight, may have been a 93, but did those have two carbs?

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:16 PM

Dont know whether our garages will come back or how to put a link to my bike up here:banghead: eleanor was the badass 67 mustang in gone in 60 seconds, I was caalling her see if she showed up, no luck yet.
I like the 97 rear fender better not as much droop as the new millenium bikes. Hey I think I saw one on ebay tonight, may have been a 93, but did those have two carbs?

Oh yea about Eleanor, that was a great movie!

Hey lookie here, this 93 is from Argentina and it doesn't look bad, not bad at all folks !!! I like the combo of blue on this one but not how they did the US model.

http://w1.bikepics.c...507788-full.jpg

• rebelventurer

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:18 PM

No maybe 15" I like that higher fender though, but not too high like these guys puttin on the mx fenders then hanging lights under them, they look like they have 20" of travel.
Is this your bike?
Or was you callin your bike elie may?
If you see clementine be careful, she likes to be sung at.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:24 PM

Yeah whats this permalink stuff and the post tabs have changed too whats this "+ stuff too, Where the hells my garage I worked so hard on that. All I keep seing is this damn big gun ad scolling overhead, they are junk wont run if it was give me.

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:26 PM

No maybe 15" I like that higher fender though, but not too high like these guys puttin on the mx fenders then hanging lights under them, they look like they have 20" of travel.
Is this your bike?
Or was you callin your bike elie may?
If you see clementine be careful, she likes to be sung at.

No, not my bike, just a pic I bookmarked. I just said Elie May because it was irellavent to anything we were talking about and I assumed Eleanore was too :thumbsdn:

I'll watch out for clementine though :devil:

Check my post above, you like that 93?

• rebelventurer

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:36 PM

LOL, that made me laugh hard, yuo whaatch out for clementine, she likes one song in particular, you gotta know it?
Okay I am going back to look at the 93 now, in Argintinia, correct? still laughing, my boy says what are you laughing at Daddy

• AlbinoPig

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:37 PM

That Argentina '93 is definitely sweet. I may steal some ideas from that pic.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:40 PM

That last bike has more fender droop like mine does do you see the difference between the two? :devil:
I like the 97 I think it is the first one, not draggin its tail like the other one.

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 06:24 PM

That Argentina '93 is definitely sweet. I may steal some ideas from that pic.

I agree for sure. Most definitely better then the US blue, way nicer!

Wanna see a few strange (off beat colors) ones now?

• Huffa 2

Posted October 17, 2006 - 06:26 PM

LOL, that made me laugh hard, yuo whaatch out for clementine, she likes one song in particular, you gotta know it?
Okay I am going back to look at the 93 now, in Argintinia, correct? still laughing, my boy says what are you laughing at Daddy

In a cavern, in a canyon,
Excavating for a mine
Dwelt a miner forty niner,
And his daughter :thumbsdn: Clementine

Oh my darling, oh my darling,
Oh my darling, In a cavern, in a canyon,
Excavating for a mine
And his daughte In a cavern, in a canyon,
Excavating for a mine
And his daughter Clementine

Oh my darling, Clementine!
Thou art lost and gone forever
Dreadful sorry, Clementine

Light she was and like a fairy,
And her shoes were number nine,
Herring boxes, without topses,
Sandals were for Clementine.

Drove she ducklings to the water
Ev'ry morning just at nine,
Hit her foot against a splinter,
Fell into the foaming brine.

Ruby lips above the water,
Blowing bubbles, soft and fine,
But, alas, I was no swimmer,
So I lost my Clementine.

How I missed her! How I missed her,
How I missed my Clementine,
But I kissed her little sister,
I forgot my Clementine.

This song ROCKS !!!!! :devil:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.