2006 yz450f

8 replies to this topic
  • sclark04

Posted October 16, 2006 - 09:14 PM

Hi all,

I'm considering selling my anniversary edition 06 yz450f... it's only been riddin roughly 5 times, and has a DID O ring chain, a white brothers carbon pro full exhaust system, and has been professionally dyno tuned and jetted. It really saddens me to have to consider doing this but considering I have been unable to ride for nearly 6 months due to a severely destroyed ankle, and the fact that every doctor i've been to has said it's going to be another year before I can ride again, I think I need to get out while it still has some value.

I'm mainly just looking to you guys for some advice on how much I should ask, as I am really pretty clueless, and the kbb value of 5500 seems a bit outrageous considering what brand new ones were selling for towards the end of the 06 run.

Any response or help would be appreciated, as well as any offers if anyone is interested in purchasing the bike.

Thanks all!

-Shawn Clark

• matts06yzf

Posted October 17, 2006 - 11:29 AM

where are you from and whats your number? i might have someone interested.

• Slowmotion426

Posted October 17, 2006 - 11:30 AM

Damn. Sorry to hear that man. . .

• sclark04

Posted October 17, 2006 - 01:37 PM

My number is 7403951872 and i'm from southern ohio for anyone interested

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sclark04

Posted October 18, 2006 - 12:35 PM

please could someone help me out with an estimate

• Jaycycle

Posted October 18, 2006 - 01:17 PM

That sucks bro, I think thats the smart thing to do in your case. I'm not the best with values but I would try 5k to start with, possibly $48/4,900. Do you have any pics?

• bboyce

Posted October 18, 2006 - 02:01 PM

Even NADA states around 5400, so I dont think 5500 is too high. Since it has been ridden only 5 times, and has new chain and full system, I dont think around 5.5k is that high. I just bought a new 06 450f se for 6000 OTD, so 5500 is saving quite a bit...but if I were going to buy a used 06 in the condition you describe, I would be willing to pay around 5k for it. Id say put it in for about 5000 OBO and see what interest it generates and go from there.

• sclark04

Posted October 19, 2006 - 03:28 PM

i can throw some pics up in a couple days, but it's in immaculate condition, it's never even been down, i wrecked and hurt my ankle on my 250f... I also have 2 extra sets of the one industries hurricane graphics to throw in with it which i never put on because the stock ones still look so good... brand new 756rr dunlops too.... this sucks

• SCIENCE

Posted October 20, 2006 - 05:40 AM

Sorry to hear you are unable to ride and have to unload your steed. I've been there before and it's not fun. However, you have something to work for while you're rehabbing.
Regarding your bike, I have had the best luck when I take off all of the extras before I sell my bikes. Sell them on here or EBAY. Put the bike back to as stock as you can get it. I generally take off the stock chain/sprockets, front tire (739 is a joke), bars/grips, springs, air filter (sometimes plastic) etc. before I even ride my new bikes. When I sell, the oem stuff goes back on. You're going to get the same $ amount with or without the extras. I've seen new leftovers on EBAY going in the $5700 range. I would think you're going to get somewhere in the low $5K's. Remember that you can't finance and the shops can. You're going to take a hit anyway you slice it, but if you get $5K for the bike and another $500 - $700 for your extras you may stop the bleeding a little.
Good Luck!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.