WR 426 carburetor vent hose

5 replies to this topic
  • yamwr426

Posted October 16, 2006 - 09:10 PM

I am needing to replace the vent hoses as they are all very hard and cracking. I can not find a match locally so I will have to order them and all I can find is 1/8 inch? Does that sound right? Thanks.

• ISBB

Posted October 17, 2006 - 02:41 PM

I ordered a set off Ebay in black and i like em... :devil: I just tried lookign but couldnt find the vendor.. Ill see if i still have the paper/sticker or whatever at home for ya..

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted October 17, 2006 - 03:08 PM

I found identical looking hose from Home Depot. Its vinyl, not sure how it will work with gas. Near the sink drain area.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 17, 2006 - 03:33 PM

You dont want vinyl tubing. Order soft flexible grippy and durable silicone tubing from your local McMaster - Carr or Grainger :
Posted Image
McMaster Carr Part Number: 51845K55 Pure silicone translucent semi-clear white 1/4" O.D. 1/8" I.D. at $1.26 per foot.:devil:

• yamwr426

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:07 PM

Thanks guys. Silicone it is. After further inspection the hose currently on there is vinyl and it is a mess. Thanks again for your help.

• drtbk4ever

Posted October 17, 2006 - 05:42 PM

A couple of months ago I remember seeing a roll of that tubing on E-bay. It was a nice Yamaha Blue color. Don't know if it was an E-bay store or a one time thing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.