Rear RacK for 650L

9 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted October 16, 2006 - 08:25 PM

A few years ago I bought a rack for my 650L from Summers Racing. Now they only offer the PMB rack. Does anyone know who made te old rack. It was square tubing. I did a search and found the PMB and the Happy Trails but that is not what I want.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted October 16, 2006 - 08:51 PM

A few years ago I bought a rack for my 650L from Summers Racing. Now they only offer the PMB rack. Does anyone know who made te old rack. It was square tubing. I did a search and found the PMB and the Happy Trails but that is not what I want.

I don't have a visual on the old rack you mention, so I'm no help there. But just in case it might fit your wants/needs, take a look at the XR'sOnly rack. The pic on their website makes it appear flimsy/cheap, but it is rock solid and high quality in person. Check my (or others) garage for a better look at it.

Hope you find it. :devil:

• rebelventurer

Posted October 17, 2006 - 11:39 AM

Check out xrsonly rear rack I have one it is very solid billet, and well designed. Got mine from rideaide@hotmail.com for $120, highly reccomend giving him a try. you can see the rack and pricing, part#, etc.... at www.xrsonly.com then email rideaide with a request for a qoute, include part#, description, etc.... good luck!

• kelleyseiler

Posted October 17, 2006 - 02:46 PM

I put a happy trails on mine. Do you not like it because its to big? Heres a pic on mine.
I bought this on the web for $100.00 shipped.

http://i43.photobuck...r/XRL06side.jpg

• TARFELE

Posted October 17, 2006 - 06:52 PM

I cannot get the XR Only site up but he Happy Trails will do. It looks different than I remember.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boston Mangler

Posted October 17, 2006 - 07:07 PM

here is another option

http://cgi.ebay.com/...031024083QQrdZ1

• TARFELE

Posted October 17, 2006 - 07:41 PM

Check out xrsonly rear rack I have one it is very solid billet, and well designed. Got mine from rideaide@hotmail.com for $120, highly reccomend giving him a try. you can see the rack and pricing, part#, etc.... at www.xrsonly.com then email rideaide with a request for a qoute, include part#, description, etc.... good luck!

Bought it from rideaide on ebay for $135 shipped.

Thanks

• motomonte

Posted October 18, 2006 - 05:16 PM

Here's a self made rack,took me a while to figure out the dimensions and had to re-do and re-weld a few times but finally go it thru.It's made of stainless tubing of 1/2 and 3/8 inch.I first started with the plataform then added the mounting points.It hangs from the turn signal screws and from the ones that are under the tool bag. This set up was the stronger one after a few others.Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

• Boston Mangler

Posted October 18, 2006 - 05:44 PM

Here's a self made rack,took me a while to figure out the dimensions and had to re-do and re-weld a few times but finally go it thru.It's made of stainless tubing of 1/2 and 3/8 inch.I first started with the plataform then added the mounting points.It hangs from the turn signal screws and from the ones that are under the tool bag. This set up was the stronger one after a few others

Very nice! Wish those were sold! :devil:

• rebelventurer

Posted October 18, 2006 - 06:39 PM

Congratulations thats how I got my rack, look at his feedback I was his first, you will be happy with it, its a great rack!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.