Scotts set up help

7 replies to this topic
  • yamageezer

Posted October 16, 2006 - 09:58 AM

Hey guys, I'm curious as to how you have your Scott's or any brand stabilizer set up for the various terrain you ride in. I just put one on my bike recently and I'm trying to get the most out of it. I usually ride tight single track and a little desert occasionally. Any help would be cool.

• Seabass

Posted October 16, 2006 - 12:16 PM

Just try it on the lowest setting and keep working your way up. Stabilizers are like suspension, everyone likes something different.

• Koko Azuela

Posted October 16, 2006 - 12:36 PM

For tight singletrack i would take it to the lowest setting because you want to turn fast, for desert, it depends on the terrain, on my Scotts i installed the big knob for dialing it while riding, make it easier with a big knob rather than a small knob that comes from the factory...

• yamageezer

Posted October 16, 2006 - 12:45 PM

So do you only adjust the base valve and leave the high speed alone?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Koko Azuela

Posted October 16, 2006 - 12:54 PM

So do you only adjust the base valve and leave the high speed alone?

Yes, i only adjust the base valve (knob on the left), high speed i never touch, factory setting works fine, sweep valves on the sides leave them to the factory setting, the scotts is great, for desert, i start with about 12 clicks out from the lowest setting, start from there..

• yamageezer

Posted October 16, 2006 - 01:11 PM

Yes, i only adjust the base valve (knob on the left), high speed i never touch, factory setting works fine, sweep valves on the sides leave them to the factory setting, the scotts is great, for desert, i start with about 12 clicks out from the lowest setting, start from there..

Thanks for the help. I kind of played around with the base valve on mine yesterday and Wow what a difference but I wasn't sure if I needed to mess with the high speed valve as well. Yeah, it looks like I'll be ordering the big knob for mine.

• Seabass

Posted October 16, 2006 - 01:13 PM

I've also got the big knob on my Scott's. It makes a world of difference when changing settingd on the fly.

• MAC 450

Posted October 16, 2006 - 06:52 PM

1/2 turn from all the way in....I RARELY touch it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.