PAScrew Question

6 replies to this topic
  • Jim_Bob

Posted December 12, 2001 - 10:22 PM

G'day. Could anyone please tell me what one turn on the Pilot Air Screw is equivalent to. Or even better how many turns out from lightly seated would be approx. PAJ 55. Thank you.

• Taffy

Posted December 13, 2001 - 12:00 AM

a full list is fairly early on on the "jetting Q's" and last night at the base i've reported on what i think the PAJ to PJ ratio should be.

3/8 turn = #55
1 turn = #100

• Jim_Bob

Posted December 13, 2001 - 10:49 PM

Thanks Taffy. That will explain the backfire I was getting with 3 turns out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted December 13, 2001 - 11:25 AM

jim bob

you have got the right screw haven't you?

the one under the carb is caled the pilot screw. the only other screw you can turn is the pilot air screw which you have to buy from sudco etc. this sits in the pillbox slit in the fron of your carb.

3 turns!?!? (the mans crazy) :) :D

never mind ba :D :D

• Jim_Bob

Posted December 13, 2001 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, its the right screw. Bought it from the Aussie Keihin distributer but they didn't give me any info with it. I thought I would ask you blokes to save time in pulling everything apart etc. and getting it right by trial and error.

• Rocky

Posted December 14, 2001 - 07:05 AM

can you elaborate on the pilot air screw that sits in the pilbox - with many times i have had my carb apart, i don't remember seeing anything like that.

• Taffy

Posted December 15, 2001 - 01:24 AM

how many times have you read that you can replace the pilot air jet with a pilot air screw?

if you haven't changed the PAJ for a PAS then there is nothing to adjust.

is it the same rocky who doesn't read his answered personal messages :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.