adding oil to forks

4 replies to this topic
  • bumblebee

Posted October 15, 2006 - 09:05 PM

Can i add some fork oil to my 2006 Yz450 through the bleeder screw(remove bleeder screw and add small cc's until correct) because i had my forks done and they feel way too soft. the shop put the lower amount of oil in and there is like a 3 mm difference. also does anyone know how many cc's of oil would equate to 3mm in a stock fork? thanks

• Matt96xr6

Posted October 15, 2006 - 10:02 PM

No, not really.

You need to remove the outer cap and add fluid to the outer chamber.

If you add it to the bleeder screw, it will get trapped above the compression piston in the inner chamber. Once you get enough compression on the forks to make that extra fluid go out the bleed holes, then it would make it to the outer chamber. ie bottom the forks.

Again, add fluid to the outer chamber, not the bleeder hole

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tnl

Posted October 16, 2006 - 09:48 AM

What's it mean when I release the air in my left fork by pressing my aftermarket bleed button/tab and some oil leaks out with the air?

• bumblebee

Posted October 16, 2006 - 07:11 PM

so do i just get a big crescent or fork cap tool and pull it off and then inject some oil on the outer res? what would be the process of adding oil?

• matts06yzf

Posted October 17, 2006 - 11:33 AM

well I just got off the phone with jeremy at mx tech and he actually told me to add 10ccs to mine through the bleeder hole. He said just use a needle and basically inject the oil in.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.