Another "Will this fit" question. XR400 "can" on a 600

2 replies to this topic
  • Leget

Posted October 15, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Hey guys,

I'm getting down to the last "bits and pieces" of my '90 XR600R project and I've been looking for a muffler/can/exhaust/silencer/thingy. I really don't like the way the stock exhaust looks (not to mention, I don't have one) and I'm looking for (budget) alternatives.

My question is, has anyone tried to fit an XR400 muffler on an XR600 (just the muffler part not the complete exhaust) I think it would look pretty good.

I know "anything will fit if you want it to bad enough", just curious if the one off the 400 will come close.

I've also considered trying one from a CRF450......

Thanks in advance for the help.
Michael

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted October 15, 2006 - 05:19 PM

I wouldnt put a 400 muffler on the 600. I wouldnt worry about going the other way though. The 400 is anemic with the stock muffler. I cant even imagine what the 600 would be like try to breath through that thing.

• Leget

Posted October 15, 2006 - 05:39 PM

I had no idea (I didn't even think about that)...but thanks, thats just the info I was looking for. :devil: The search continues......

I wouldnt put a 400 muffler on the 600. I wouldnt worry about going the other way though. The 400 is anemic with the stock muffler. I cant even imagine what the 600 would be like try to breath through that thing.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.