air filter

3 replies to this topic
  • steve_cirillo

Posted October 15, 2006 - 04:28 PM

i just removed the airfilter from my 426. this is the first time i've done this because i havn't ridden the bike yet so i havn't done the regular maintence on it yet. (got the bike in the summer, now it's cool enough to ride) so i got my warm soapy bucket of water and took off the air filter. there were two filters. is this mormal? the outer one is a uni and the inner filter looks to be stock. should i put them both back on? my old bike didn't have two filters so im just wondering thanks for the help!!! sorry if im not speaking comprehensible english... im slightly tired

• 642MX

Posted October 15, 2006 - 04:37 PM

Its how the UNI's are made. They seperate to make cleaning easier. Clean both filters, reoil both filters, reassemble, and install.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve_cirillo

Posted October 15, 2006 - 05:18 PM

thanks for the help and thanks for no blasting me :devil: i have been riding for a while but only recently been doing my own maintence

• 642MX

Posted October 15, 2006 - 05:22 PM

No problem. Glad I could help.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.