WR426: What do you guys make of this?

6 replies to this topic
  • NuckingFuts

Posted October 15, 2006 - 12:42 PM

So my 02' WR426 has been in supermoto trim since the beginning of this year and has only been on the track. Yesterday I take out for a 120 mile road trip through the twisties. First 80 miles were GREAT! Then I noticed my vent hose (from the valve cover) is dripping white oil (it usually drips once or twice of normal oil after a stop)but only a few drops. Crap, Im thinking Ive got a blown seal somewhere and its letting in coolant/water. So I am forced to tiptoe back 40 miles before I can stop the bike.
I get home and pull the drain plug in anticipation of finding a big milky mess spewing from my case but the oil looked just fine. Not even slightly milky.

So, Im not sure what to make of the white milk from the vent hose. Excessive speed/rpm's from the faster ride? Blowin seal but a slow leak? Nothing to worry about?

What's your take? :devil:

• ISBB

Posted October 15, 2006 - 01:06 PM

I know a while back mine did the same thing and after changing the oil and finding it looked normal i just chocked it up to moisture condensation in the valve cover, cuz it never happend again.

• NuckingFuts

Posted October 15, 2006 - 01:17 PM

Interesting that you say that b/c the morning weather was cold and foggy but as we got closer to the coast the moisture stayed in the clouds. Temps were in the 60's

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jekel

Posted October 15, 2006 - 03:19 PM

I would have to ditto the above about moisture.

• Rooster426

Posted October 15, 2006 - 08:36 PM

I've had the same thing happen every once in a while....I attribute it to moisture as well..

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted October 15, 2006 - 09:26 PM

So my 02' WR426 has been in supermoto trim since the beginning of this year and has only been on the track. Yesterday I take out for a 120 mile road trip through the twisties. First 80 miles were GREAT! Then I noticed my vent hose (from the valve cover) is dripping white oil (it usually drips once or twice of normal oil after a stop)but only a few drops. Crap, Im thinking Ive got a blown seal somewhere and its letting in coolant/water. So I am forced to tiptoe back 40 miles before I can stop the bike.
I get home and pull the drain plug in anticipation of finding a big milky mess spewing from my case but the oil looked just fine. Not even slightly milky.

So, Im not sure what to make of the white milk from the vent hose. Excessive speed/rpm's from the faster ride? Blowin seal but a slow leak? Nothing to worry about?

What's your take? :devil:

Dude, relax, normal condensation in the engine. You probably just got it hot enough to turn to steam and collect and vent finally. If there is air in your crankcase and you have humidity, you will have a small amount of water. The heat turned it into vapor. So the vent was doing its exact job! Now get back out there and run through the twisties! You big goof, you thought a Yamaha was going to break down??? :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

• NuckingFuts

Posted October 16, 2006 - 08:22 AM

:devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.