Seal saver boots

9 replies to this topic
  • bonecrusher69

Posted October 15, 2006 - 08:09 AM

I've got a 03 wr450 and have a problem with the front fork seals leaking. I am looking in to getting a pair of Seal Saver boots. Has anyone been using them. If so how do they hold up? Are the longer boots better than the short ones. Any info would be great. Thanks

• mjslim

Posted October 15, 2006 - 10:55 AM

They work great. I put on a pair of the short ones after replacing the seals, no problems since. You may not even need new seals, just try cleaning them with a business card or piece of film first. Use the search feature to get all the details on how to do it. :devil:

• Jekel

Posted October 15, 2006 - 03:20 PM

I have used the long ones for a few years now with great results. Much longer seal life and extra protection for the upper tubes.

• Flooder305

Posted October 15, 2006 - 08:28 PM

I've also used the short Seal Savers with great results, however they are hard to clean out if you're so inclined. There is an alternative to compare called Shox Sox which a buddy of mine uses. They seem nice too and can be undone for intermittent cleaning.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 16, 2006 - 06:41 AM

I don't ride without them..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2tall2tall

Posted October 16, 2006 - 07:21 AM

Seal Savers are a great! I won't ride without them!!

Hey Dan, tell the ol' man I said hi and we'll do the 1000 next year together!!!

• kobernik

Posted October 16, 2006 - 12:11 PM

Same as the rest - much longer seal life. A must if you're doing many muddy river crossings.

• ckulzer

Posted October 16, 2006 - 02:06 PM

After 2 hours of ownership, I had a leaker. After that, I took seal maintenance seriously. I now have 4 seasons on the bike - over 1800 trail/race miles (127 hours of run time) - without a failure.

I always make sure the forks are clean and I wet them with a little fork oil before a ride. I clean the fork wipers and keep the wiper filled with white lithium grease too.

• NuckingFuts

Posted October 16, 2006 - 07:26 PM

+1 on the above. Only thing to watch out for is trapping dirt inside the sealsavers close to the seal. Just be sure to wash'em good every couple rides.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 17, 2006 - 01:53 PM

Hey Dan, tell the ol' man I said hi and we'll do the 1000 next year together!!!

Very cool Alan..... I should be all healed up by then, we went riding to Laughlin on Saturday and broke my left hand and collar bone. Traction was a little too good :devil:

Pops says hello......

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.