When Will The YAMAHA Faithful Get A Team?

8 replies to this topic
  • Satch0922

Posted October 15, 2006 - 04:40 AM

One Yamaha in the top 15 of the big bike class at the Open and that was Keith Johnson at 12th.

Can we call for Keith McCarty's head finally? I know the Open is not the season but hell...every other manufacture was represent as they should.

Signed,

A PO'd Yamaha rider.

• mxracer206

Posted October 15, 2006 - 05:02 AM

One Yamaha in the top 15 of the big bike class at the Open and that was Keith Johnson at 12th.

Can we call for Keith McCarty's head finally? I know the Open is not the season but hell...every other manufacture was represent as they should.

Signed,

A PO'd Yamaha rider.

Just wait, LL Cool G, Grant Langston will look good the on blue bikes and he races to win. I loved it when he took Alessi out that year in the outdoors.

• DPW

Posted October 15, 2006 - 07:13 AM

Just wait, LL Cool G, Grant Langston will look good the on blue bikes and he races to win.

When was the last time Grant was able to finish an entire SX and MX season without getting hurt? Yamaha needs to go back to the days of having more then one rider in the 450 class.

DV, Byrne, and Ferry....would have been good additions. Wey is happy where he is at so I did not mention him. Yamaha should have picked up Ivan when they had a chance last year, but oh well....

At least we have team L&M with Reed and Nathan Ramsey for SX, but Ramsey?

• NOMADAK

Posted October 15, 2006 - 07:35 AM

Yamaha is loading their guns for the upcoming seasons. Getting something established in 250F's seems to be their primary concern right now.

Broc Hepler is a wonderful addition to the team. He seems to be over his injuries and back to his winning ways. He won one of the final rounds outdoors. I think this guy is alot like Jeff Stanton used to be. He isn't flashy, just a hard worker who can get the job done. A GREAT PICK.

Josh Hill, a recent addition to the pro ranks from the national amatuer scene, is a superb choice for Yamaha. He is coming off of several national amatuer championships and has been riding for Yamaha for quite some time. He stumbled a bit in the mud of Millville this year (his pro debut) but finished on the podium (3rd) the next round. Pretty promising for a true rookie.

Jason Lawrence is on YOT, as is Kyle Cunningham. Not sure about these two just yet. JL has lots of talent and speed. WE'll see.

Building a strong 250F squad is good for Yamaha. They can use it to spring board riders up into the 450 class.

Langston has won everything in the lites. It was time for him to move up. With RC being in a semi-retired status, everyone seems to move up a spot. We'll see where he ends up. He is a strong outdoor rider and not too shabby at SX either. The guy has won lots of championships.

Reed and Ramsey are SX only. A shame! Reed could take the outdoor title with his consistency and Bubba's tendency to throw it away.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • almostinvincible119

Posted October 15, 2006 - 07:17 PM

Reed told his agent to draw up a contract that would allow him to race outdoors if he wanted to. So that is not out of the question. Ricky's nascar bound, so he WILL NOT do a full season. James seems to chunk it every now and...uhh, pretty often. So, we'll see how Hangtown goes for Chad...but we need to focus on Anahiem! Prarie City OHV Park is a LONG WAYS OFF from right now.

• grayracer513

Posted October 15, 2006 - 07:50 PM

... Bubba's tendency to throw it away.

Ricky with Bubba on his tail rode about 98% as fast as physically possible. Bubba was very often riding 105% as fast as Ricky, which was the reason he crashed so much. That's where the elder's experience came into play. The two of them, at that speed, were 120% as fast as everyone else. Next year, it will be just Bubba, and no one to push him that hard. It wouldn't be wise to count on him crashing out anywhere near as often.

• NOMADAK

Posted October 15, 2006 - 10:13 PM

It wouldn't be wise to count on him crashing out anywhere near as often.

I agree with everything you said, Grey, as I often do. With that in mind.

I'll believe Bubba can stay on two wheels for an entire season .......when I see it. :devil:

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of his, he is an awesome natural talent. I honestly hope he makes me eat my words. The last obstacle he has to overcome (now that RC has semi-retired) is himself and his inconsistency. Once he does that, we are in for a long, long stretch of BORING premier class racing.

BUT........HE IS STILL YOUNG! Anything can and will happen.

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2006 - 07:55 AM

... we are in for a long, long stretch of BORING premier class racing.

That was why I was so excited about his entry into the class. I was tired of the Carmichael Victory Parade. With almost no exceptions other than Reed's win at San Diego, he was never challenged when he stayed upright, which was most of the time. Bubba came along and we racing again. It was a two man race, but a race nevertheless, with the attendant suspense and excitement. Hopefully, someone else will step up to give JS a run, so we're not stuck with watching the race for the last podium spot.

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 16, 2006 - 06:36 PM

But Grey, other than the races Ricky crashed in, where did James beat him outdoors. Supercross isn't Carmicheal's thing. I think James will still push to hard this year. Im not sure if he has figured out that winning by a second, or 45 seconds is still winning.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.